Totally is an "older woman or mom bag"

I think it's ridiculous for the SA's to be giving their personal opinions unless specifically asked. I cannot believe they would say something negative about a bag that someone was considering. You need to buy what you love, not what an SA thinks you should buy.

I think it's ridiculous for the SA's to be giving their personal opinions unless specifically asked. I cannot believe they would say something negative about a bag that someone was considering. You need to buy what you love, not what an SA thinks you should buy.

+1!

I would also never let someone 'talk' me out of a bag. Not only is it ridiculous but their opinion really doesn't matter in the end. Now, if there was a bag that had major issues and they brought that up... that's a different story. If you love the bag you should not be put off by one persons opinion :smile:

When I bought my Sarah wallet, I'm sure I want the Rouge Fauviste, but my SA said this colour is for older women, I should choose the Rose Indian, but I don't like this colour on a wallet, I ended up bought the Rose Angelique.

When my mom saw my new wallet, she said Rose Angelique is for older women (as well?!), so I gave it to my mom.....

The moral of my story is: don't let other people affect how you feel towards what you love, 100 people may have 100 different opinions, your opinion should be the only one that matters to you! When you listen to others more than you should, you end up with no wallet, lol

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

+1!

I would also never let someone 'talk' me out of a bag. Not only is it ridiculous but their opinion really doesn't matter in the end. Now, if there was a bag that had major issues and they brought that up... that's a different story. If you love the bag you should not be put off by one persons opinion :smile:

I agree. If they were being helpful and letting me know that a bag I was considering had peeling issues or cracking issues or something I would be appreciative. Just giving their personal preference or saying a bag is too old or young for someone isn't right.

I think the zipper makes it more secure and younger people dont go so much for zipper cluser security ... But i dont think its old woman style, nor mum bag .... I have it and I love it. I am 45 and to me this bag has a young appeal by the cute two side pockets. The SA was just to young LOL

I think the zipper makes it more secure and younger people dont go so much for zipper cluser security ... But i dont think its old woman style, nor mum bag .... I have it and I love it. I am 45 and to me this bag has a young appeal by the cute two side pockets. The SA was just to young LOL

I agree! I like the security of having a zipper. You can choose to zip it or not but at least the bag gives you the choice.

OP, go with your heart! I recently had to choose between an item in a practical fuchsia or the fun piment. Although fuchsia coordinates with more items and is a very sophisticated shade, I wasn't feeling the color and I kept trying to talk myself into fuchsia for practicality. In the end and for various reasons I switched to piment and am much happier. Moral of the story: your LV selection should make *your* heart sing, not the SA's or anyone else's!

+1!

I agree. If they were being helpful and letting me know that a bag I was considering had peeling issues or cracking issues or something I would be appreciative. Just giving their personal preference or saying a bag is too old or young for someone isn't right.

Exactly! This is how my SA handles those situations. Otherwise, she will show me the new releases and ask me how I feel. Then we will discuss how it might or might not fit into "my" lifestyle. Then, she remembers! She will never bring up an item that I've ruled out due to our conversations.

I :heart: my SA! :biggrin:

That SA is a goofus. She isnt there to give her opinion about a bag either way. Maybe if you ask how it looks, compared to another bag.
I am a grandmother and I own both totally and neverfull. But I buy because I like it, not because some SA talked me out of or in to any bag.

Agree that it was just an opinion from an SA, but I definitely disagree. I just bought a mono totally pm for my mother because she liked the side pockets and now I am considering it in de for myself (granted I'm 34 and I am a mommy to a toddler...I certainly don't think I'm an old lady) :smile:

Bottom line is carry what you love!

I think an SA giving an opinion is really up to circumstance. Like whether or not the customer has an established relationship with the SA. Or whether or not the customer actually engages the SA in giving his/her opinion at all. I think if someone is choosing between PM/MM/GM and the SA chimes in to say that the MM looks really great then that's really nice. But I don't think an SA should be giving an actual opinion on the bag, like that's a bag for older women or a color for younger women.

I think that we all know style is very personal, and fashion and style are not one in the same. LV (or any other brand) creates fashion pieces, but how one carries it, styles it, etc. is very personal. What can look "older" on one person can look young on another, and sometimes physical age has very little to do with it. Writing this makes me recall a thread I recently read in the Chanel forum about the Boy Bag. It was a thread on whether people think there is an age cutoff for the bag, and one woman responded that there is a senior lady who lives in her apartment building with a stunning collections of Boys. She wears them better than anyone she's ever seen, and she went on to elaborate about the types of outfits this woman seamlessly puts together. The reason she pulls them off in her older age when some people view the Boy as a younger bag is because it comes down to personal style over fashion norms. Everyone carries and pulls off different looks, and the key to pulling off anything well is to be truly genuine and authentic to who you are. Confidence makes a difference in how you are perceived, and that rings true for personal clothing style too.

My main point is that you need to true to your own personal style and don't let the opinion of others sway you from what you know to be right for you. Even if it means walking away and thinking about it more just so you can get distance from the other person's thoughts. What you know to be true for you will always end up coming to the surface, whether it comes to you in a couple hours, a few days later, or even a few years later (as one poster above said happened to her).

Totally looks like Michael Kors. I know that MK copied LV but there are many more of this style being worn and piled up in the Macy's clearance that I am turned off to it.
As far as being a Mommy bag, it is a really good design to use as a diaper bag with the deep outside pockets for the baby bottles.
BUT, don't think the SA's should decide or inform which bag is wrong for us especially when they are not asked for an opinion.

I have the MK Aqua one and see loads of young girls with the same bag in a variety of colours, as well as some who have the LV one - I'm close to 60 but I think this style suits any age.

I have the MK Aqua one and see loads of young girls with the same bag in a variety of colours, as well as some who have the LV one - I'm close to 60 but I think this style suits any age.

I own bags that I'm sure others wouldn't like. But that's okay with me. I know what I like. It's the same for everyone. Get what you like and don't worry too much. I don't like the Totally. First time I saw it I knew it wasn't for me. I don't like MK at all. Didn't work out for me. A bag I really dislike is the NF. Always hated it. Although it is one of the most popular styles LV has ever come up with. So my opinion doesn't matter except to me.
This is why LV has so many bags to choose from. We won't all agree on all bags.
I think the real issue of the OP is "should the SA discourage a purchase choice based on their own opinion". I say if they are asked then 'yes'. The customer can decide whether or not to take the advice they asked for. Whether the SA should give their opinion without being asked it different.

My first new bag was a totally PM. I loved it and it was so functional. But then as I used it I fell out of love with it. The diaper bag thing got the best of me. I wish that I had have gotten the neverfull from the beginning. I just got my second one and I love it. You have to get what you love.