Totally and utterly disappointed...

DzzyButterfly

May Alight Upon You
Sep 22, 2006
I hate even posting this... because I love Coach. Coach has been "my thing" for years.... and I HATE HATE HATE being negative.

However, I am totally and utterly disappointed in COACH right now.
Why are the new bags going to outlet? (for those of you who got an EXCELLENT DEAL-- CONGRATS!!!) But, there are many of us who paid full price (or close to it) for some of these bags. This is NOT good business AT ALL.

Why should I shop at a boutique now? Honestly? The bag I pay full price (or nearly so with PCE) will be deeply discounted within a few DAYS. :cursing:

I can't shop at an outlet (it is nearly 4 hours away) and I really don't like Ebay...

I am totally upset with Coach right now... and it honestly hurts. I :heart: Coach... I have always been a Coach girl. And, now I feel they have completely failed me. :crybaby:

Part of me says wait to see if they do it again... and then make a move. And part of me says to move on to something else. But nothing else strikes me the way a Coach product does. :sad:

Well--- Chanel... but I am a teacher. Not gonna happen---- EVER. I'd buy ONE bag A decade. :Push: And at that price-- I'd be afraid to "use" them.

:crybaby: I am just sad and upset. Thanks for listening--- vent here if you need to.

I feel ya girl! Three of the bags I've purchased in the last few months are all at the outlet!! I just received my Carly but I know it'll be the last bag for a while. My closest outlet is 4 hours away so that won't be happening either...

If it makes you feel better, I was at the outlet tonight and did not see one single ergo. The only legacy I saw were the canvas. There was outlet made patchwork, lots of sohos, pebbled leather, hamptons line of carryalls, satchels and totes.

Also, I didn't see any Carlys.

I agree with you guys.. but i still love coach! my outlets are an hour to an hour and a half away.. from now on i doubt i will shop in the full priced store anymore... on top of that the SAs at the main store i go to (it s closest to me and i dont have to take a million trains and busses to get to it) they are soooo rude!! i went in to get a keychain, and the manager who got me the PCE card in the first place asks me for the card! i m like YOU told ME ALL I HAD TO DO WAS GIVE YOU MY NAME!! seriously they are losing customers by the minute!!

While we are sharing our gripes I will say that I went to the outlet before the gym and had baggy workout clothes on, no makeup - I certainly wasn't looking sharp or put together. The SA's seemed to avoid me. Usually they are friendly and talk to me. I was carrying my Carly too and did have money to buy something. It perplexed me because I saw other clients being spoken to.

I understand what you mean. I'm fortunate enough to live close to an outlet, so seeing my new PCE bag for a hundred bucks less was a real bummer. I can imagine how frustrating it is if you don't live close to an outlet.

I do have to say that seeing new bags there like this already is a new phenomenon. The outlets are usually 4-6 months behind in getting certain styles; I'm not sure why they've accelerated this. The outlet SA told me that 'they send these bags here because they know they'll fly out the doors.' She's right. They do.

It's such a hard decsion..to see if a bag will ever make it to the outlet (Legacy bags are REALLY rare up til now) or not. Feels a bit like a crapshoot....

I'm gonna admit to simply being jealous! I love my Coachs and don't see me ever changing but my only options are ebay and online, no outlets near me. I was so jealous to see the bags that I would love to have but have no chance of getting. Maybe I need to quit looking, then I won't know what I'm missing out on.

That was a great whining post wasn't it.

Oh, I still :heart: Coach and doubt I will go to another brand but I may save my money longer and make outlet trips as the current stuff goes out and new stuff goes in. Unless there is a bag that I can not live without.

hey girls~
I totally agree. I'm not shopping at the boutiques anymore period. I will just hold out for the outlets or ebay. Feeling pretty comfortable about buying on ebay, so....
I wonder if anyone from Coach corp. knows about this forum and reads this stuff. It sure would be insightful for them.
Maybe they'd get the message that they've got some unhappy campers about the "fast track to the outlet" stuff that's going on??
Anyway, I'm off to slumberland girlys...it's been fun as usual.
And as we would say on Lifestyles of the Coach Obsessed....here's wishing you...Carly wishes and Legacy dreams.........god I'm so tired I'm getting REALLY goofy. Nite all!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

I can totally relate! The closest outlet to me is like 3 and a half hours away! It's in a different state!!! It's not like I can pop in and see what's new.

It's so frustrating to have bags online and in the store a day before they show up in the outlet.

a HUGE :tdown: to coach right now. period. i'm done with the bags. between pce (and EVERYONE being able to pretty much get the discount) and stuff going straight to outlet, what's the point?! i mean, seriously. it cheapens all of it, imho.

I know it's frustrating, but if it helps.... remember that finding a great deal at the outlet is a hit and miss thing, I've been to the outlet at least once a month for the past 7 or 8 months and only once have I felt I really scored a really good deal and for the price of gas, I could have bought that bag at full price! lol.

Also, unlike a Coach boutique, you can't walk in and order exactly what you want and have fed-ex deliver it at no charge and I have seldom seen any "new line" bags at the outlet that did not have at least a few blemishes.

I'm sorry that everyone is super disappointed with Coach right now. Maybe it's good that I don't live in a state with a boutique or an outlet because since I hate to buy without seeing my purchase IRL I haven't really bought anything. I hope that y'all cheer up soon!

I am ITA with you. I have purchased bags at full retail, long before I knew what PCE was, and then found the bag maybe the following year in the outlet.
I purchased the denim Carly at full price and today there it was in the outlet. I hadn't used it yet so luckily I am returning it for a refund.
It is even more upsetting when these items are still on the website and in the stores. That's why I wanted to give a heads up as to what I found in the outlet today.
I don't get to the outlet that often but I think from now on I will just wait it out and more than likely what I want will be in the outlet. I know my closest outlet store has come a long way in what types of bags they get in.