Total venting as a seller.

cindy05

MineMineMine!!!
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
I normally don't like to complain but I find I must complain and perhaps educate some people who don't know what it's like to try and make a sale. Every once in a while, I sell a purse or two that I am not really using so that I can buy what I really want, etc. I have no problem with people who are serious about the purchase who make intelligent inquiries. However, I must vent about this one potential buyer who had ZERO feedback who must have sent me over 10 emails, which I took the time and care to answer all of them in a detailed and professional manner.

S/he did not have all the money and although I didn't have to work with that buyer, I tried my best to accomodate them by allowing a "lay-away" payment plan that extended out 3 months for a bag that costs about $1000. Still, they sent more questions and I continued to answer them. And, just when the auction was about to end, she tells me, "Oh, I didnt realize [insert stupid excuse here]. I will just bid along with the other bidders. and the most I can pay is [insert price that is way under my reserve]." I am sure she probably realized that the bag and price were out of her comfort zone. I am fine with that, but dont make up a dumb excuse to try and get out of it. Be straight-forward about it.

She gave me a excuse that she didnt know something about the bag that was clearly stated in the auction in several places and shown in the photographs. I felt like she was just playing games and was never serious about bidding. I just wish she didnt send me 5 emails every single day asking about it and then dropping her interest a couple of hours before the close of the auction. It also seems that she is trying to get me to lower the price of my purse now that its about to end and my reserve has not yet been met. I hope she is a member of TPF and she reads this.

I would rather let the bag sit in my closet collecting dust than give it to her for the pittance that she is expecting to pay for a mint condition purse. It is not an LV by the way....so Mods, I am in no way advertising anything here. I purposely posted in this subforum to vent since I am not selling LV. Hope thats ok. Just wanted to put it out there from a seller's point of view how annoying it is when someone who is not serious about an item asks 1001 questions about it. Thanks for letting me vent.

I think I wont be selling anything online anymore. It is just too frustrating!

Last edited:
I had someone ask me to lower my BIN price for an auction so that they could grab the bag. I did it, she said thanks... and never heard from her again. Oh well! lol

No doubt it can be very annoying and frustrating. I feel your pain, my friend.

Here's what I think: There are all kinds of people, some of them loonies, out there, and there is no way to not bump into them in a place like fBay. So they're going to come to us, and then it becomes our job to "filter" them out. In other words, if someone is being too demanding or behaving in a way that raises red flags or annoys you, then don't give him/her the time of day--stop replying and maybe even block the person. More often than not, dealing with them doesn't pay off. And I'd rather not sell the item than sell it to a difficult customer.

After posting this, the seller sent me another two emails and ending up bidding up to my reserve! I tell you...buyers can be so volatile!

Agreed. I think the Blocked Bidder list is a great tool and one that some people don't think about. Some folks have PITA written on their foreheads, and we should notice.:biggrin:

Very annoying...I went through a similar situation of someone requesting several new pictures almost daily, only to decide that they weren't satisfied with the 30 I already provided. No problem. I just sold to a consignment store for close to the same amount of money with none of the hassle.

I think I'm going to go the consignment route from now on, because I don't have the time or patience to deal with buyers that want better than VIP boutique service when offering flea market payment.

I think it's actually getting worse on ebay lately. I got so many odd/slightly aggressive questions for the last thing I listed I decided to take a break and maybe consign a few things:smile:

After posting this, the seller sent me another two emails and ending up bidding up to my reserve! I tell you...buyers can be so volatile!
You can still cancel her bids and block her from further bidding if you want to. She may win and not pay. But who the ++++ knows these days???? She may pay be OK.

No doubt it can be very annoying and frustrating. I feel your pain, my friend.

Here's what I think: There are all kinds of people, some of them loonies, out there, and there is no way to not bump into them in a place like fBay. So they're going to come to us, and then it becomes our job to "filter" them out. In other words, if someone is being too demanding or behaving in a way that raises red flags or annoys you, then don't give him/her the time of day--stop replying and maybe even block the person. More often than not, dealing with them doesn't pay off. And I'd rather not sell the item than sell it to a difficult customer.

I couldn't agree more. I WOULD agree more if I could!!!!!:woohoo::yahoo:

You have such a great way with words KarmenZ.