Total Bargain- Keep or Return?

chicjean

O.G.
May 28, 2010
Have you ever been shopping and found the most AMAZING deal on something that you just couldn't pass it up? It didn't matter that it wasn't your size or your style or that you even liked it? Sometimes, deals are too good to pass up even if you don't have a use for what you've found.

Hopefully that makes sense :smile: I guess I'm just curious if I'm the only one that has to exhibit copious amounts of self control to not just grab every deal I find. I've gotten better, over time, but I still sometimes can't help it, especially with things that are so marked down.

I just bought this bag from TJ Maxx today, it was only $15 marked down from $200 and I'm on the fence about it... it's such a good price, but I don't think I'm totally in love with it. I like the lazy shape and fringe; it's perfectly slouchy when you sling it over your shoulder, but I'm on the fence about the big gold plate and I've never allowed myself to buy anything Guess/Marciano because I think it's totally trashy Paris Hilton style. It's just such a bargain!

What do you all think?? Keep or Return?

img-thing.jpg

That's a huge bargain but if you are on the fence about it, you are answering your own question. If it makes you feel better, gift it to someone (as long as it's their style).

That's a huge bargain but if you are on the fence about it, you are answering your own question. If it makes you feel better, gift it to someone (as long as it's their style).

I totally agree! If you don't think you would use the bag, it would make a great gift. If you can't think of anyone to give it to, then maybe it would be a good idea to return it.

Either keep it because you like it or return it. Nothing's a bargain if it doesn't work for you.

Do not consider gifting it. It's not the sort of bag that is easy to predict its appeal to another person.

I totally know what you mean - I am a sucker for a bargain and have realized that it often clouds my judgement! Even though it was only $15, if you don't love it, return it. $15 here, $10 there can really add up. Plus, that will buy you 3 Starbucks (this is how I reason :P)!

It's not an amazing deal if it's just going to sit in your closet. Don't let a great price trick you. If you're not going to use it, you just wasted $15. Return it if you don't love it!

I am probably bias due to my long-standing hatred for anything Guess/Marciano, but I think the bag is hideous. Perhaps had they paid you $15 to take it, I'd say it's a bargain... :P

Ok, ona serious note, if it didn't have the big gaudy badge on the front, it could be ok.... Idk. Perhaps you could sell it...?

I won't buy something if I wouldn't pay full price for it. That's my way of not being tempted by "bargains", because if you don't love something enough to have purchased it despite the sale, it's really a waste of money anyway. I just hate accumulating stuff...I prefer to have 10 outfits I love and want to wear everyday, than 30 and look in my closet thinking I have "nothing to wear".