Total Bargain- Keep or Return?

If you love a fantastic bargain, start selling on eBay. This is the perfect item to start with. Put it up as an auction, start bid at $49.95. It's fun to make extra money to pay for extra goodies.

I say return it, but I personally don't like it. I always have a policy that anything I buy I have to love (not like). I used to have a closet full of items with the tags on and never used/worn because I couldn't pass up on great bargains. But when you add up what I spent on all those great bargains I could have purchased a full priced item that I really loved. So now I ask myself if I love something before I buy it.

I just bought this bag from TJ Maxx today, it was only $15 marked down from $200 and I'm on the fence about it... it's such a good price, but I don't think I'm totally in love with it.

I try to think of things like that as spending $15 not saving $185. Its only really a savings if you had to buy it anyways, like if toilet paper or milk or something necessary goes on sale. I would return it, personally. Maybe give it away if the store is too far away to make the $15 return worthwhile - maybe put it away for a birthday gift?

I totally know what you mean - I am a sucker for a bargain and have realized that it often clouds my judgement! Even though it was only $15, if you don't love it, return it. $15 here, $10 there can really add up. Plus, that will buy you 3 Starbucks (this is how I reason :P)![/QUOTE]

LOL that's exactly how I reason it all too!! And I thought I was the only crazy one :biggrin:

I've learned the hard way... no bargain is a true bargain if you never use the item!

I say if your not going to use it for whatever reason return it, you can use that money towards something you will love.

I have done this myself! I love getting a good deal, but as mentioned earlier, if you wouldn't have bought it at full price, its prob not worth it. If an item isn't working for you for whatever reason now it still wont work for you later =)

Just read the above and had to comment. I love love Laurie8504 comments. That says it all. I have bought many things in the past because of the price and now that I am older, I am very careful. Better to save up and buy what you love than to nickel and dime yourself on things you sort of like.