Toscana Leather

Aug 13, 2014
Just wanted to see how your Toscana leather handbags are holding up. Anyone who has experience with
this leather in their collection, please chime in.

I just saw a review on Overstock from someone who said she
used her Toscana front pocket satchel for only 2 weeks and posted some pics showing corner problems....
couldn't tell if it was dirt or wear. I know the leather scratches easily.

I rotate my handbags daily, so my experience
isn't indicative of normal or frequent wear. Today is my first outing with my bone Toscana tote. Stunning handbag,
but there are so many possible hazards for a bag in this color in this leather. I'm taking it to lunch and 1 errand.
Fingers crossed.

I used my pine domed satchel for a month straight and my small domed ginger with no probs
That;s great. I have a pine Toscana Janine and it seems to collect scratches. I love the bag despite that.
I'm happy to report that the bone Toscana sailed through today. No visible scratches (maybe because of the light color) and no dirt or marks. I was very careful and we only went to 2 places. I must admit I put a white towel down on my black leather car seat before setting the handbag down. No sense tempting fate with color transfer. :smile:

Reactions: Lilybarb and MrsKC
I have a red Toscana Drawstring and it still looks new. I wonder if some colors are less prone to scratches. That bag wears like saffiano. I just got another Toscana bag in ginger but haven’t carried it yet.... :smile:
Your red Toscana drawstring looks amazing. I love the color and the style. So great to hear that it has held up so well. I'm wondering if it's the particular color or maybe the specific piece of leather that will determine how these bags look after some use. In any event, glad yours is a winner.

I agree with aerinha - Toscana does attract scratches. But it is SO beautiful, smooth & saturated. This is my Toscana satchel large size in ginger right after purchase. By the end of the first carry there were little scratches seemingly from everything that I wasn’t even aware of. Still gorgeous to me tho.
upload_2018-9-28_20-44-22.jpeg

I have a red Toscana Drawstring and it still looks new. I wonder if some colors are less prone to scratches. That bag wears like saffiano. I just got another Toscana bag in ginger but haven’t carried it yet.... :smile:

Beautiful bags! I find the toscana saddle is very attractive, both ginger and natural color..

How did your ginger get through your rough days ? I have two very active children, and I am avoiding super stiff bags, despite my fond of structured bags, as those kids could sit on the bag.. I have an epi leather bag from Louis Vuitton, once folded, the marks stay forever.. Thank God I got it from secondhand market with only a fraction of new price..

Did your ginger very stiff ? Will it survive an folding or at least bending ? Thank you for sharing.