Tosca, Iris for Rose Pourpre -- Culling the Collection

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I currently own a iris and a tosca birkin. In my wardrobe these two colors are pretty interchangeable. I really love the Rose Pourpre color, however it is two similar in my collection and my use patterns to justify. SO, I was thinking a justification for rose pourpre would be to part with tosca and maybe even iris because the rose poupre would serve as a purple/pink bag. The iris can be a bit "barney" at times, and the tosca a bit more "red" so my thinking is the rose poupre would be a good meet in the middle and "kill two birds with one stone" color.

Rose poupre is the leather version of Rose Scheherazade ? True/Fasle

Thoughts??

(I am a blue lover and can justify every shade. I have birkins in the shades of the rainbow, with the exception that I have multiple blues)

Reactions: Txoceangirl
I have bags in these 4 colours. You seem to have thought it through very well so yes why not SO a Pourpre and part with the other 2 which do not seem to work that well for you. I personally do not think RP is the regular version of Scheherazade. I am a pink lover so like you for blues, I can justify multiples. HTH!

Reactions: Txoceangirl
I would be of no help as I have all 3 colours bags in your title and I have no plan to get rid of any of them. However, my 3 bags are in different size/style/HW so they serve different functions for me. Hence enough justification to keep all. If I really have to choose, I would get rid of your current Tosca because I think it's closer to RP compared to Iris, which is darker, cooler shade of purple. But make sure you think very hard before you do because Tosca has not come back at all after it was first issued and will be very difficult to replace should you regret it. HTH!

Please explain what you mean by "barney." I have an iris Picotin and sometimes the color looks a little dull to me.
At least I think it is Iris, maybe it is ultra violet. Maybe you can tell me which.
Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.43.51 PM.png

I don't know which sizes your Iris or Tosca Bs are but these rich but muted shades are very well suited to a 30 or 35 B, very easy shades to pick-up and go. May be buy a smaller size, love the look of RP in 25

Reactions: chicinthecity777
I have bags in these 4 colours. You seem to have thought it through very well so yes why not SO a Pourpre and part with the other 2 which do not seem to work that well for you. I personally do not think RP is the regular version of Scheherazade. I am a pink lover so like you for blues, I can justify multiples. HTH!

What's different between RP and RS?

I would be of no help as I have all 3 colours bags in your title and I have no plan to get rid of any of them. However, my 3 bags are in different size/style/HW so they serve different functions for me. Hence enough justification to keep all. If I really have to choose, I would get rid of your current Tosca because I think it's closer to RP compared to Iris, which is darker, cooler shade of purple. But make sure you think very hard before you do because Tosca has not come back at all after it was first issued and will be very difficult to replace should you regret it. HTH!

I am über boring when in comes to various handbag styles and always carry a 30cm birkin. So yes parting with Tosca makes sense if I choose RP because they are very similar colors.

Please explain what you mean by "barney." I have an iris Picotin and sometimes the color looks a little dull to me.
At least I think it is Iris, maybe it is ultra violet. Maybe you can tell me which.
Thanks.View attachment 3939368

"Barney" is in reference to Barney the Dinosaur a children's TV character. There were a few comparison to Barney and Laker's Basketball that was brought up when the color first came out and it has always stayed with me in the back of my mind.

I would need a few more pics to say what color, but it looks like iris to me.

I don't know which sizes your Iris or Tosca Bs are but these rich but muted shades are very well suited to a 30 or 35 B, very easy shades to pick-up and go. May be buy a smaller size, love the look of RP in 25

My B's are all 30cm. DO you think RP in 30 is too bright?

Reactions: golconda

I am über boring when in comes to various handbag styles and always carry a 30cm birkin. So yes parting with Tosca makes sense if I choose RP because they are very similar colors.

"Barney" is in reference to Barney the Dinosaur a children's TV character. There were a few comparison to Barney and Laker's Basketball that was brought up when the color first came out and it has always stayed with me in the back of my mind.

Not necessarily, it depends on wardrobe, climate and personality. Just thinking if you have Iris and Tosca and have happily used them since new (assuming they were seasonal when you bought them) then possibly mid-vibrancy cool colours are your thing and suit you well. RP is more starkly dramatic (if worn as contrast 'pop') or vibrant tropical if worn with other bright colours and/or white. Though Tosca and RP are close they can also be a world apart (in my eyes).

I have RP 30. It’s vibrant but not too bright. Works great with blues and black. I’m never parting with her.

Reactions: kathydep
RP is the closest IMHO to RS. I believe Hopiko posted comparison pictures. I have both and find it hard to tell the difference. Agree with txoceangirl...never parting with either. They are my favorites, other than Black and to me, all three are neutral.

Reactions: 27leborse
Hi! I have RP togo kelly, an Iris B, an Anemone B and a Rose shocking B....I had a Tosca B but parted with it as it was too big. Tosca is a very nice color but I prefer RP ....it is a rich, saturated color.
I guess this a long winded way of saying get RP, sell Tosca and keep Iris!:smile:

Reactions: kathydep