Tory Burch REVA advice please...

nancyxwu

handbag addict
Jan 10, 2010
Okay, so I posted a thread asking for comfy flats and I went out and tried some from store sales and got a couple of comfy pairs, but I also ordered a pair of REVA leopard print (pony hair) flats. I'm a true 7 and I ordered a 7 from ebay and it fits me just fine, but the gold emblem is making it hard for me to bend my toes when I walk. Any advice? Do I just need to wear them for a while?

I really like them, and otherwise, they're super comfy. Thanks!

They were used, but the seller said they were worn once and that was it. When I saw them, they had no signs of wear and tear anywhere, soles included.

It's just the gold emblem digs into the top of my foot when I'm walking but otherwise they're fine.

Maybe, a bigger size would help or if you have them stretched. Personally, I never had this problem, I must not bend my feet when I walk. It might feel better once you get used to them. Try wearing them outside for a half hour or so and see if it feels any better.

I've tried on the Reva's and I found the medallion was pushing down on the top of my toes too. It was really uncomfortable. Today I purchased a pair of Tory Burch Eddie flats that don't have the medallion on the top at all and they are really comfortable.

You could try putting a cedar shoe tree in them for a few days before you wear them to stretch the toe box out.

I've worn them for 3 days after I bought them to break them in...just for out running errands and stuff.

I'm thinking I can go to the cobbler and have them move the emblem towards the tip more? The one I go to just did a fantastic job on putting vibrams on my Louboutins.

I think it's because I have short toes maybe? Just my luck...one sesamoid per foot AND short toes.. *shrug*

I'm starting to think the Revas I got, the leopard print calf hair, is different that the regular leather revas. I saw someone wearing black regular revas and their emblem is closer to the toe than mine is.

I'm starting to think the Revas I got, the leopard print calf hair, is different that the regular leather revas. I saw someone wearing black regular revas and their emblem is closer to the toe than mine is.

I've noticed different styles fit differently. I just ordered 3 different styles and they all feel different, not to mention I need to go up 1/2 a size in the patent leather.

Cool. Thanks 2manybags. I thought so as well. I think because it's pony hair, the leather is more stiff. I've noticed the regular black ones have the emblem closer to the toes and are more flexible.

I think I'm going to try the Eddies. Thanks.

Try the Eddies, I just bought a pair on the weekend and they are comfortable. The only thing is the sole isn't rubber like the Revas. I wore them for the second time today and I am sure I will need to get them resoled . The sole is quite thin. But they look great in purple!!!

I was looking at the Eddies as well. They do look mighty comfy. I ordered a couple of different brands and will see if those work out or not. Thanks for the advice.