Toronto LV shoppers: please help!

5TYLISTA

Jan 17, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hi everyone! I recently received a speedy 30 in damier from my boyfriend as a gift which he purchased on Tuesday, August 18 at the Yorkdale Holt Renfrew location. He gave it to me yesterday and although I'm ecstatic with the bag (as it is my first LV), I noticed that the lock was all scratched up around the keyhole. I know my boyfriend did not do this because the bag was still wrapped up and sealed with the string and everything.

It might just be me, but I want this bag to be perfect. Is it possible to exchange the lock only? I've heard some iffy things about LV accepting exchanges for things that are not in the condition to be resold. Would they give me a hard time with this exchange? Does anyone have a trusted SA that would accept this exchange? I've never shopped for LV before, so I don't know of any sales associates that would believe me with this issue.

Thanks in advance! Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

PS. I can travel to other locations as well! I just need to know that they won't give me a hard time!

heckp

O.G.
May 16, 2007
Markham, Ontario
Hi everyone! I recently received a speedy 30 in damier from my boyfriend as a gift which he purchased on Tuesday, August 18 at the Yorkdale Holt Renfrew location. He gave it to me yesterday and although I'm ecstatic with the bag (as it is my first LV), I noticed that the lock was all scratched up around the keyhole. I know my boyfriend did not do this because the bag was still wrapped up and sealed with the string and everything.

It might just be me, but I want this bag to be perfect. Is it possible to exchange the lock only? I've heard some iffy things about LV accepting exchanges for things that are not in the condition to be resold. Would they give me a hard time with this exchange? Does anyone have a trusted SA that would accept this exchange? I've never shopped for LV before, so I don't know of any sales associates that would believe me with this issue.

Thanks in advance! Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

PS. I can travel to other locations as well! I just need to know that they won't give me a hard time!
Try Evan at Yorkdale LV he is a very nice guy. Tell him exactly your story and see what he says. Phone and see what he says and actually see if he can do it for you before going there. I recently just purchased a pochette from him. I phoned him first to make sure they have one made in France, no questions asked, put me on hold and came back to say he will hold it for me. I went to pick it up and there it was. Try if you will have same good experienced as me.

Good luck!

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
Carla at the Yorkville Louis Vuitton is such a sweetheart! :heart: She's at the Louis Vuitton boutique--not inside the Holt Renfrew store. She has helped me many times and I appreciate her super kind empathy especially when I returned my Speedy 35 to have it repaired. She didn't bat an eyelash and just took it in and had it shipped away. She was also great at helping me choose some LV luggage tags and chose the right colours for my embossed initials.

Good luck and I hope you get your lock replaced. Bring your receipt and explain this to her. She really cares and won't shuffle you off.