Torn with decision

1. I have tried so hard just to be silent but here I go joining in and now soliciting your advice. I have a caramel city, that I love, and just recently acquired a marron twiggy from 2004 - the kind that has brown undertones, not purple. I don't know if I can keep both, or what exactly I am going to do. My dilema is - I love my caramel city, I am just kind of tired of always trying to be so careful with it. I am paranoid about setting it down in something etc. The marron is that beautiful rich looking reddish brown that I had been lusting for forever that is different from the new bordeaux colors. (They have more purple / burgandy to them). My decision is whether or not to keep both bags, which I kind of really can't afford to do, or sell one of these (or both) and get the new truffle color. I want a "neutral go with everything but not have to worry so much" bag, and also - am not really sure if I like the twiggy style. Kind of wide across the bottom - does the bottom soften with time? Maybe I need a truffle in the part-time?

2. I'd love to see photo's!

3. goodness, no, you can't sell your marron twiggy!!!...that's one of the best b-bag colors EVER!!!...please, please, i beg of you, if you sell one, let it be the caramel city :angel:

4. I will try and get photos up as soon as I can. The marron is really beautiful so I don't know what is making me waffle if it is the color or the style.....

5. gosh, i donno, but listen girlfriend, YOU MUST KEEP THAT BAG :yes: ...i mean, i'm sure there's alotta ladies on PF who would be happy to take it off your hands (pardon the pun :lol:)...but don't trade it in for the truffle, the marron's so much prettier!!!

6. I just tried to upload the pictures and it said the file was too large. Do you know how I would make them smaller? Not so savvy about computers....

7. Do you have a Photo Imaging center or Photo editing program on your computer where you can resize the pics? Check under your pics, then hit edit. Resize to Web/Blog size(or about 100kb, I think). Then upload here.

Btw, I think you should keep your Maroon Twiggy. :smile:

8. I would definitely keep the marron twiggy if you possibly could. :heart:

Personally, I think there has been a lot of caramel-esque (earthy browns and beiges) colors coming out--Camel of this season and truffle-albeit much darker for fall 06. I wouldn't miss caramel terribly but that marron is gorgeous with the color and leather. It's truly unique. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

9. i would keep the marron. while both are great neutrals, the marron is just so striking!

10. I would keep the Marron!!! The color is TDF...and then maybe sell the Carmel and then get the Truffle when it comes out.

11. Did I finally get the photos?

Hand bag 80007.jpg city balenciaga 022.jpg
  12. This is better of the color...

Hand bag 60005.jpg
  13. ohhhh!! They both are such beautiful colors!!! :love:

14. Oh my, I concur with the other gals, esp after seeing your pics. Definitely keep the marron twiggy! She's beautiful!!

15. You guys are great - and to think I was hesitant to reveal myself to the forum....I suppose this is an old debate to everyone else on here, but what about the twiggy versus the city? I know it is really a matter of personal opinion, but I like the bag to be somewhat slouchy - translation; I try not to overstuff - but the bottom of the marron seems kind of wide and sticks out. Does that soften over time and become less wide - I don't like to add any extra width to my body:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice