Torn...should I sell my 30 cm Gold Togo Birkin?

ladyluv

Jun 8, 2007
Rant warning! The very first time I ever walked into an Hermes store was two weeks ago and I was seduced by a 35cm gold birkin with PH..the only birkin in the entire store. It is rare to have more than 1 or 2 at a time at this particular location. Oh yeah...I live in Canada. But I realized it is too small for my daily items but by not doing my research I bought one smaller for my taste. I'm past the due date for returns but I haven't carried it once and the stickies are still on. But then this location never gets anything?
Should I sell or keep ladies I'm torn?

Yes! IMHO 35 is the PERFECT size... No wonder it's the best popular!! So... did you buy that 35 gold? (btw 35 gold w/ ghw will be my next purchase, so I told myself!!!)

a Birkin is just too precious to be kept in the closet and not used. it's a classic and I'm sure it's other people's grail. I suggest you sell it and go for what it is that you really want.

:tup:

If you're not entirely happy with your purchase, go ahead and sell it. No use keeping a very expensive bag if you're not gonna use it, such a waste of $$.

Try to sell it then get something you will truly love and enjoy. Good luck! :heart:

If you are only two weeks out, you might try to exchange it at the store for another bag that suits you better. Although it is over the deadline, they might be flexible, as they won't have trouble selling it to someone else... Just a thought.

^ I concur, although I don't own a Birkin yet from all of the pictures here a 35 appears to hold a ton of stuff..But it is best to exchange for something you love..

I would ask to exchange it, even if it has passed the return deadline. You never know. (Although I own a gold/gold 35 and love it -- if you wear it, you might too. Can't imagine carrying a bigger one for daily use.)

A bigger one would be pretty heavy. Are you sure you don't mean you bought a 30?

Also, I don't know if you are on Ebay or not and what your feedback rating is, but you might have a very hard time trying to sell a brand new Birkin unless you are an established seller. That's a pricey item and people like to know they are dealing with authentic goods and a well-known seller.

I agree with what the others have said here. Try to take it back and exchange it if you can. You never know until you ask! Best of luck.

Any pictures to show?

Bring it back to the H store. Since you haven't used it once. Stores may be flexible in their exchange time frame. You may as well ask for a 40cm if you think 35cm is too small. That said, 40cm IS heavy. Sure you want that? 35cm with the straps undone, is big already on most women.

PS: your title says "30cm" but your post says "35cm" ?????