Torn on an eBay purchase

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My HG bag is on eBay for a good price. The only problem is, the seller has awful feedback. Over 200 bad feedbacks this month alone. Do I take the plunge or do I pass? Worse comes to worse, I don't get the bag and eBay refunds me. I really don't know what to do. This is the second time this bag has popped up within the last month but I doubt it'll pop up again :sad:

2. If you need to ask you already know the answer...200 negative feedback in a month? Definitely pass

3. It sucks though. I know it's guaranteed through eBay but I don't know if I want to deal with all that mess etc. there is one on posh but it's super pricey. Maybe another will pop up.

4. I have several questions.
    1. 200 negs in just a month? Yikes! Obviously it's a very high volume seller.
    2. What is the nature of the feedback comments?
    3. How does the seller respond to feedback
    4. Are you certain the bag is authentic?
    5. Are the pictures the actual item?
    6. Do you want the bag bad enough that you're willing to deal with a possible dispute, packing, shipping and waiting for a return to be refunded?

While I'd like to know the answer to the other questions, if you can answer #6 in the affirmative, I would probably say to go for it, fund the payment with a credit card for triple protection (1-ebay, 2-paypal, 3-c.c.) and see what happens.

5. It looks like most of their bad feedback is on faulty electronics. It also looks like they don't respond to the negative feedback and the buyer gets reimbursed by eBay.

6. Is the seller based in the U.S.?

7. double post

8. OP, you and I discussed this privately and IMO, you'll be fine buying it. These types of sellers are more into "quantity of listings" rather than quality and for the volume of business they do, it's easier to just issue refunds when buyers are unhappy.

(And the electronics category is the worst and most difficult category to sell in!)

9. If authenticity is not the issue here & you should fund with a cc if you can, I'd say since it is your HG bag
    & you are prepared for any & all issues, go for it...

Let us know how you make out...

10. I goofed and said 200 negative feedbacks, but it was only 50. I have no idea where I saw the 200.
    Anyway I went back and looked at the feedbacks. While the electronic feedbacks weren't desirable, the handbag feedbacks were almost nitpicky.
    I think I might go for it. I'm still kind of undecided but it's not because of the negative feedbacks, it's mostly because I don't want to buy another purse

11. Is the seller in Japan? I notice that some of my favorite overseas sellers get lots of negative feedback for import duty fees and selling used items that are accurately described. Review the pictures and return policy carefully. You should be ok.

12. Were you the winning bidder?