Torn; Monty PM or Galliera PM?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been wanting to get the Monty PM for the longest time (yea I'm lying since it just released & I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!) since I find the zip closure (for security purposes) and the bowler look very much to my liking. I have only seen the Galliera in pictures and it looks very chic but does anybody know if this hobo bag has any zips or does it just have a magnetic closure? Size wise, are they about the same size compared?

Which bag would you recommend me getting? Helllpppppppp! Thanks! :sad:

2. I would say get both! The Monty is a practical everyday bag and the Galliera can be used for special ocassions.

3. ^^ ITA! I have the Monty and love it, and I wouldn't mind getting the Galliera too! It's a beauty!!!

4. Well, since I'm not a fan of the Monty, I'd say: Get the Galliera PM!!!!!!! :woohoo:
    Oh, but of course, if you've been wanting the Monty......then get it first. You can always get a Galliera later as I think it's going to be part of the permanent collection.

5. Get both! Both are on my list. I would get the Monty for every day use and the Galliera PM for going out. Both are practical and gorgeous.

6. Both!!?? You guys are not helping! Lol!

7. I am torn like you...the Galleria has no zipper but a magnetic button and inside you have a flap pocket (like in the Beverly gm) and a cell phone pocket..I am not sure about the sizes but you will find them in the reference section under spring summer 2008 pictures. The magnetic closure worries me a bit as I think if I would fill the bag it might not close properly but might open easily. So if you need a cute everyday bag like me I would say go for the Monty and from the money you are saving get a cute charm for the bag!

8. I like the Monty alot..but choosing between it and the Galliera then .....GALLIERA!

9. I think the Galliera.

10. Is the Monty part of the permanent collection?

I think you need to try them on to decide. I've been eyeing the Monty and tried it on yesterday and the straps were a bit too short on the PM.

11. I love my Monty but the Galleria is nice too, anyone you get will be a good choice. But my pick is the Monty because I own one and loooooove it.

12. I prefer the style of the Galliera but I understand this is a huge bag. If you have loved the Monty as soon as you first saw it, get that one. You can always get Galliera at a later time.

13. The Galliera! I absolutely adore this bag.

14. I'd go for the GALLIERA .... :tup:

I think it is way prettier than the Monty, IMO.

The Galleria has a magnetic closure, cell phone pocket and an extra interior pocket with a flap.

Measurements:

MONTY
    PM 15.0" x 9.1" x 6.3"
    GM 15.3" x 10.6" x 7.5"

GALLIERA
    PM 15.6" x 12.5" x 4.3"
    GM 18.7" x 14.8" x 5.3"

I got the information above from the following thread:

----> Spring Summer 2008 The Summary. PICS <----

15. I like the Monty! GO MONTY!!!