Torn mono...

NewMrs

May 23, 2012
I've read in other threads (and on google) that LV has a one year (more or less) warranty on items, but that it doesn't extend to damage to the canvas. Anyone else have any updated info or advice? There's a rip about 1/8" on a bag I bought in May.

Yes

It is very small and probably wouldn't have noticed it, BUT I haven't even had it a year!

Attachments

• image-4183364413.jpg
    image-4183364413.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 385
  • image-848192651.jpg
    image-848192651.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 382
It's the Neverfull GM. This past summer I was hugely pregnant and would ride the subway. I'm sure it happened banging the bag around combined with my large girth haha

This is no such thing as a one-year warranty. I'm not sure where people are getting that from. If you have issues with your bag after the return period it is at the discretion of the manager if they will repair or replace the bag the bag for free, but there is no warranty.

Usually LV will not do anything for a bag that has ripped canvas because it can't be repaired, the bag would have to be replaced. You can take it in and see what they say.

I'd take it in and see what they say. If they say it's wear and tear then personally I'd try to fix it myself. I'd CAREFULLY use a VERY small amount of superglue and try to glue the pieces together. That way it won't get worse over time. Obviously some will probably faint reading what I just wrote, but I'd do it. Otherwise I'd worry too much and wouldn't enjoy the bag.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

I can't really see it in your pictures, but if there's a crack in the canvas itself they won't help you. They'd have to replace the entire piece of canvas, i.e. give you a whole new bag. JadaStormy is right, people talk about a 'warranty', but there isn't one. It seems to be the case that generally they'll do repairs for free within the first year or two if it's a problem not caused by carelessness or wear and tear. I don't know how this has happened to your bag, but they won't view it as a defect. Sorry this happened to your bag.

This is no such thing as a one-year warranty. I'm not sure where people are getting that from. If you have issues with your bag after the return period it is at the discretion of the manager if they will repair or replace the bag the bag for free, but there is no warranty.

Usually LV will not do anything for a bag that has ripped canvas because it can't be repaired, the bag would have to be replaced. You can take it in and see what they say.

The store manager told me about the one year warranty, so I guess it's right.

Ravena said:
my SA told me same thing, that they have 1y warranty

For those of you who think there is a warranty, ask LV to give you a written copy. They won't because they don't actually have a legal written warranty. While they may say orally there is, that can easily be denied later and has no real weight. Just ask for a full written copy of their warranty. You won't get one.

Hi Im new here and not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question in...

-- i found a piece of chewed gum inside my new NF Monogram.. I guess it fell out of the tissue i wrapped it in, ...how do i remove it?