Torn between two lovers....

funmeg

Feb 12, 2010
Hey TPF, I have a classic conundrum. Stability, or excitement? Noel or Ben? Mr. Darcy or Mr. Wickham (well that one is easy...). But my predicament isn't with men, it is with JUMBOS....I can't decide between a red orange lambskin jumbo w/ matte GHW and a latte/light brown/caramel lambskin jumbo w/ matte GHW.

The red is so exciting, different and new. I've never owned a red handbag, but I'm worried it may sit in the closet, or that everyone will say "Oh, your red bag, AGAIN". The latte is luxe, very versatile, and painfully chic, but quiet and a tad predictable. I am looking for something less structured than my dressier bags, hence the lambskin. Most of my bags are pretty "serious". I wanted something I can wear casually.

If you have a red bag, how often do you carry it? Can you wear it with casual outfits? I have more clothes than anyone should, and in every color, but I wear a lot of black, white, gray, and camel, with punches of color.

Thanks for your guidance! Help me end my agony..... kisses xx

Images below have been lifted from Google images (my blackberry takes awful pictures). Let me know if they are yours and I will delete them. Red bag pictured is a maxi.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g08AQvOMh0U/S9RAXAaaIXI/AAAAAAAACcY/kRRuGbL8Q2c/s1600/chanel_maxi.jpg

authenticbagsforless.com/images/uploads/Chanel/LtBrownLambJumbo/HandbagsChanelLtBrownJumboFront.jpg

i have THAT same red bag and the funny thing is i got it after the red yellow and bleu roi from cruise. i also have fuschia. and i got it only after deciding not to get the nature flap... kind of random afterthought like i had paid but... and let me tell you i am trying to pare down my collection and this one is always on keeps list... even tho it was kind of bought by accident without much thought or longing... you may be shocked but it could be that i sell 10c red patent before getting rid of this one! it's a neat color! me loves! get that one! the other certainly is pretty but this red is a good one imho :smile:

Hmmmmm, that's a tough one! I really do love the red-orange color although I'm not much of a color person. But, if it were me I'd go for the latte. Even though I might love the fun red-orange for a while I would predictably tire of it quickly and want something more 'stable.' ;)

i want to say in its defense while it is definitely red-orangey it's kind of neutral. more neutral than a red red i feel like... because it's orangey but not... sorry i am so unclear--i juts love this bag and it was a surprise to me how well it works!!!
Hmmmmm, that's a tough one! I really do love the red-orange color although I'm not much of a color person. But, if it were me I'd go for the latte. Even though I might love the fun red-orange for a while I would predictably tire of it quickly and want something more 'stable.' ;)