Torn between three satchels - please help!

Mar 17, 2013
Chicago
Hi! I am looking for a great black satchel and find myself torn between these three:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...8770&catargetid=500002830003805831&cadevice=c

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...d=1476DF494A3C&Ntt=duffle+6&N=0&bmUID=ktOVhbT

http://www.mytheresa.com/en-us/d-st...EN_pla_03_US&gclid=CPaZmfbY4L8CFQE2aQodJ40AIw

I would greatly appreciate and welcome all opinions on these bags so I can make a good choice :smile:

BTW, I'm not a fan of the Givinchy Antognia but open to other suggestions! Thanks SO MUCH!

Florasun

O.G.
May 29, 2007
It's a tough choice, they are all nice bags. I recently bought the Prada bowler in black. I love the slight sheen of the saffiano leather, it looks so rich. I wasn't as impressed with the St. Laurent when I saw it IRL, it's nice but kind of blah. The Tods is lovely, but has more of a casual feel than the Prada or St. Laurent. I think it would work with either a suit or jeans.

Clauddy

Apr 11, 2013
I would go for the Prada. It's feminine, classy, elegant but casual...the Prada gets my vote.
Have you considered the Loewe Amazona? They come in leather and suede. The leather is soft, buttery, gorgeous. They are made in Spain, I think. My coworker has one and I can't stop touching it and smelling it! :biggrin:
Good luck in making a choice!

JennieC917

Jun 24, 2014
Prada! The Tod's looks too slouch IMO and the Saint Laurent looks a little too structured. Prada has the Goldielocks status. :biggrin:

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I like the Tods bag and they have great quality. Prada is beautiful but it seems some people have complained about the quality in the newer bags.

Catash

May 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
What about Saint Laurent Sac De Jour (my dream bag now)? I like Tod's D bags but I think they look much better in lighter colors.

Onebagtoomany

Apr 16, 2011
UK
My vote is for the Prada, I used to own this exact style and it is perfect for almost every occasion. The strap is detachable too so you can make it more formal (if you wish) with just the carry handles when needed. My only criticism and the reason I sold it is that it is a little on the small side, but then it depends how much you carry.

Riezky

Jul 24, 2013
I like the Tod's bag the best. Also seconding the suggestion for the Givenchy Lucrezia.

TIFFANI251

Feb 26, 2012
I would go for the SL 6 duffle. I just bought the SL 12 duffel at a great price and im very happy I took the plunge. I must admit I almost didnt get the bag based on reviews from this site but im so happy I went for it. The bag can be dressed up, down or worn crossbody and just works with everything in my opinion. Plus its a timeless bag so you can justify the cost because you will get years of use out of it.

Oct 8, 2013
Tods. I like the style of the Prada but I worry about the quality. Personally I don't love the leather on the SL.