Torn between a few work bags. Can I get some input?

My work bag has finally wheezed its last breath, and I’m on the market for a replacement. I’m trying to keep it in the 1-1.3k range, though I have a bit of wiggle room. It needs to fit on my shoulder and hold a 13 inch laptop, but those are the only real requirements.

My first thought was the Saint Laurent east-west in dark grey, with the turquoise croc stamped card holder. However, I’ve heard not great things about the heat stamp fading quickly, and QC in general.

At this point I started looking into the preloved market. I’ve found I could snag a medium Givenchy Antigona for around 1.3k as well. I like the zipper, structure, and strap on the Antigona. I looked into sac du jor but didn’t like the medium size, and the Celine belt but didn’t like the size/closure.

Similar to the Antigona is the Prada Galleria and Fendi 2jours, both of which seem like workhorses but I am not very familiar with the brands. A worry I have with the Antigona is that it was a former ~it~ bag, so it may be either a bit passé OR too recognizable. I still think it may be my favorite aesthetically, though. I try to fly under the radar in the office - I often carry my Chanel backwards, and stuff the labels of scarves, etc. away.

So, I apologize for the length, but my options are: New Saint Laurent tote and card holder, or preloved Givenchy Antigona, Prada Galleria, or Fendi 2JOURS. Any opinions, or other bags I’m not thinking of?

Last edited:
At this point I started looking into the preloved market. I’ve found I could snag a medium Givenchy Atigonia for around 1.3k as well. I like the zipper, structure, and strap on the Atigonia. . . A worry I have with the Atigonia is that it was a former ~it~ bag, so it may be either a bit passé OR too recognizable. I still think it may be my favorite aesthetically, though. I try to fly under the radar in the office - I often carry my Chanel backwards, and stuff the labels of scarves, etc. away.
Get the one you want most. It sounds like that's the Givenchy. The vast majority of people are not going to recognize it as designer, much less a former "it bag." It looks nice and classic and not overtly trendy. In the off chance that someone recognizes it and thinks it's passe - who cares?

Reactions: Dooneysta
I have the Givenchy Antigona in black with gold hardware and use it for my travel work bag and I LOVE it. The zipper is so good. And it fits my Macbook and a bunch of other things without any problem. I've had it for several years, and even though it's been around awhile it's got just the best structure and also function that I will keep it forever (and that's saying a lot since I tend to sell bags). If you love the geometric structured look, I can say that you can't beat the function.

I have the medium antigona and love how durable and structured the bag is for work and play. The only thing that bothers me is that the bag can get very heavy after you pack it all in.