Torn about this bag

Jan 16, 2009
Hi all!! I went into Chanel today to take a look and absolutely loved the new red jumbo that just came out. SA scared me and told me if I'm planning on wearing the way I'm wearing it today (cross body with jeans), then he wouldn't recommend I get the red bc it WILL get color transfer. Not only that, but from experience, I know that I will completely always bump the corners of the bag into something!!

Tried on the M/L and didn't like the size. Should I just bite the bullet and accept that it will get dirty? He said I could always redye for $600. Or should I maybe get the mini. Does anyone know if it comes in WOC size? I also did like the black with rhw as well, but I already have a black caviar with GHW and husband said it seemed a little redundant. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414304355.904808.jpg

You should get it. It is a beautiful color and the jumbo suits you. You could wear it like a shoulder bag instead of crossbody? The black jumbo with rhw is less stunning than this one I think. Could luck deciding:smile:

The color and size look absolutely stunning on you. That being said, I think red lambskin is less practical than black and will show dirt more. I would not despair though, I think you should ask the ladies here who own red lambs about the products that can be used to protect it and clean it. I, myself, own a black lamb and red caviar. I have not gotten any color transfer on red caviar yet, but I did put some Lovin My Bags shine restore cream on it first. I would not put that cream on the lamb though. For my black lamb I used moisturizing lotion from the Lovin My Bags delicate collection and I also sprayed it with Vectra water repellant spray. So far I had no problems with either one. I hope this will help you do some research and gain confidence in red lamb.

P.S. Sorry, totally forgot to mention. I used Lovin My Bags Bye Bye Dye cream to clean color transfer from my Beige Clair caviar and Nina Ricci bags that were not lambskin. Worked great. :smile:

P.S. Sorry, totally forgot to mention. I used Lovin My Bags Bye Bye Dye cream to clean color transfer from my Beige Clair caviar and Nina Ricci bags that were not lambskin. Worked great. :smile:

I need to look into that as I have some color transfer on the straps of my beige Clair caviar. Thanks for those recommendations!

Gorgeous bag! Personally I only wear my jumbo as a shoulder bag, so don't have to worry abut transfer - perhaps when wearing darker jeans you can shorten it to shoulder length then wear it long for outfits that won't transfer??

I love this bag! You should definitely get it. Color transfer I think can be an issue with pretty much any color other than black or dark colors. Just enjoy it! If you get some color transfer, you can take it to the spa, right?

I love this bag! You should definitely get it. Color transfer I think can be an issue with pretty much any color other than black or dark colors. Just enjoy it! If you get some color transfer, you can take it to the spa, right?

I asked SA if there was some sort of "spa" and he said no. I could only redye and it won't turn out to be exact same red :/