Tori Spelling's bags on eBay

robert kardashian's daughter has an ebay user i.d. too. one of my friend's bought a birkin bag from her for $7K (it was supposedly hers) and it was FAKE!

she was gracious and gave my friend a FULL refund! but still! how nuts is that? i assume some of the celebrities sell things for other people thinking they'll get more money because of their celebrity name....

robert kardashian's daughter has an ebay user i.d. too. one of my friend's bought a birkin bag from her for $7K (it was supposedly hers) and it was FAKE!

she was gracious and gave my friend a FULL refund! but still! how nuts is that? i assume some of the celebrities sell things for other people thinking they'll get more money because of their celebrity name....

I remember a long time ago when Victoria Beckham was in the Spice Girls that she was seen carrying a Fake Louis Vuitton Graffiti Alma. Apparently she had been sent it and though it had come for LV but it hadn't maybe somebody was having a laugh.

This could have possibly happened to this girl - they get so much free stuff they can't keep a track of where it comes from.

I remember a long time ago when Victoria Beckham was in the Spice Girls that she was seen carrying a Fake Louis Vuitton Graffiti Alma. Apparently she had been sent it and though it had come for LV but it hadn't maybe somebody was having a laugh.

This could have possibly happened to this girl - they get so much free stuff they can't keep a track of where it comes from.

I hadn't thought of that--maybe she just received these and sold them at the "garage sale" with the buyers thinking everything is authentic.

Both BV's have bids on them; I wish it wasn't against eBay rules to contact bidders and warn them.:sad:

I think at least one of them may be authentic...

The hardware and fonts look like my BV from A/W '01 - '02:

attachment.php

My bag was bought new from NAP and even though my partner purchased it, I know it was from there because I had picked it out and knew he was purchasing it, because he disappeared into the room with the PC in it, to buy it and appeared, grinning, a couple of minutes later. :biggrin: :heart:

I also saw all the NAP paperwork and packaging after it arrived via DHL (and unpacked it, personally) and it was definitely from them. :yes:

I have purchased many times from NAP since then (probably 40 or more) and have at least 30 of their black boxes (some of the less expensive orders didn't come in black boxes, hence the discrepancy), so, I would definitely know if it had come from somewhere else.

TBH, I don't think he would, or could, have bought it elsewhere, anyway, as even if he had wanted to, he didn't have an eBay account until a few weeks ago!!! :biggrin:

I also noticed that they must have only had one of them on NAP at the time he ordered, because after he ordered it, it had sold out.

As you can probably see in the pic, it is undoubtedly authentic, as the leather and quality in general are amazing.

The only difference in the hardware between the two seems to be the 'ring' that attaches the zip-pull to the slider, but I think that could possibly be down to it being the woven leather version.

Incidentally, here is a link to the A/W '01 - '02 show on www.style.com:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co.../thumb/BVENETA

You can't see the exact bags in question on there, but you can see similar, more exaggerated, ones and at least one with the square cut-out holes in the handle.

Giles Deacon was the head designer at BV at the time (he was sent there to modernise the house) and as you probably know, he is quite directional in his design and this, no doubt, accounts for the differences in fonts and hardware from BV's norm.

If you look at the show, you will also see the BV logo illuminated, in red, behind the models and you will see that it is similar to the fonts on both bags. :smile:

Attachments

• Bottega Veneta Details, All copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, All copy.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Zip Pull copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Zip Pull copy.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Handle Attachment copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Handle Attachment copy.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Plastic Tag copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Plastic Tag copy.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Zip Pull Logo copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Zip Pull Logo copy.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 51
More pics...

Attachments

• Bottega Veneta Details, Interior Logo copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Interior Logo copy.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Care Card copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Care Card copy.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Mirror Logo copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Mirror Logo copy.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Bottega Veneta Details, Envelope Logo copy.jpg
    Bottega Veneta Details, Envelope Logo copy.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 50
why does Bottega Veneta make it so difficult to figure out what's real and what isn't?

I'd love to know which years the font was different. Marly, where are you when we need you?

Thanks for the additional info, chloehandbags.

Thank you!

I think we should be absolutely positive before calling bags fake. People's reputations are at stake (ie: that ebay seller). This is also how rumors can get started.