Topshop sizing help please!!!

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Hello ladies - I've been looking at a few things on the topshop website and I want to make a purchase but can't decide on size. I'm sometimes a 4 and sometimes a 6 depending on store, but I'm having a hard time understanding their measurements and what size I would be.

Do their items run large or small?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :flowers:

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
sizing runs small. I fit their US2 without alteration and I'm a 34 in Chanel & Dior RTW, 36 in Gucci RTW, XXS at Herve Leger, size 23 jeans. I can't shop at most mass market stores because their smallest sizes are too large for me (>(oo)<)`

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
Topshop in the UK and UK sizes runs large. I'm a uk 8-10 and I have a skirt that says ten but falls off my hips, like a 12++...

woo! that is SO WEIRD! i always have to go to topshop when i'm in nyc specifically because they're one of the only stores in the USA where I can buy clothing off the rack!

little piggy's mind = boggled . . .! :wacko:

Last edited:

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
Topshop in the UK and UK sizes runs large. I'm a uk 8-10 and I have a skirt that says ten but falls off my hips, like a 12++...

ok, just checked my size tags, I think it's b/c of the way they do the size conversion. My tags all say EU34 / US2 / UK6; however I know for sure that the typical EU 34 does *not* fit anything like a US2!

so I guess it depends on whether OP is looking at USA or UK sizing?

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
I'm talking about buying from the US version of their website - so the sizes are still the same: 2,4,6,8 etc. - just not sure if in general they run large or small.

tagged US sizes at topshop will run smaller than the same size at a mass market chain like bebe, Guess et al. That's been my experience with the low end of the scale - I wear US2 at topshop and 00 at bebe (assuming bebe's sizing hasn't changed in the last couple of years)

Hoodster777

Sectumsempra
O.G.
Jan 9, 2006
Actually, for me everything runs differently. I only buy shirts or dresses (I can't fit in their pants), and I can wear a US 8 to 12 there, but most of the time I'm a 12. It depends on the cut, like I just bought a maxi dress that's actually a 6, because of the way the top is cut. The looser cut items like that, and the blouses I think run big.

MadameRay

Apr 9, 2010
Topshop is one of those shops which is hit and miss. I'm normally a uk 10 and they normally run true to size. However normally with things like dresses (ie smock or shift ones especially) they normally are quite big fitting.

I think you should order the clothes in a couple of sizes are try on.

I heart Toppers :smile:

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
^ agreed.
I have slim hips and a size 10 in some items is falling off. jeans are always a regular 10 though.
at the top I can move btw 10 -12 (my shoulders are broad-ish so sometimes I need to go larger).
not sure what you are planning to buy but if it is denim go for your regular size, anything containing jersey, viscose can run large.

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
i found this thread and have to agree with piggy....this brand runs small.
if you are US4, order a US6 just to be sure they fit.
when i wear a US 4 US brand...4 is little large on me...(things i got from coop in barneys)...
i bought this dress...love the style but it's so small. it's US4 and EU36....ugh...small..if it's designed for tall woman i'd be okay but it's for short women. so everything shrunk on me.
one thing i don't get is i thought US 4 is EU 38...why EU36? it just not making sense. am i crazy to think so? i thought the smallest EU is 36...i haven't seen any size 34 while i was in HK..people there are very small...may be i was too tall to be offerend 34?!