Top Handle Lily

I picked up a top handle Lily and absolutely love it! Like @Elena S pointed out, the chain lengths are fixed and cannot be adjusted. The shoulder chain sits at a nice length from the body and the top handle is very comfortable to use. The type of leather-woven chain is different as well (slightly sharper corners, which lend it an edgier look), and feels much more substantial.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I picked up a top handle Lily and absolutely love it! Like @Elena S pointed out, the chain lengths are fixed and cannot be adjusted. The shoulder chain sits at a nice length from the body and the top handle is very comfortable to use. The type of leather-woven chain is different as well (slightly sharper corners, which lend it an edgier look), and feels much more substantial.

Which color did you get?

I purchased the Mulberry green in python. It's a beautiful color with slightly blueish undertones.
Edit: It looks like Mulberry removed the product listing from its website, but you can still see the product photo in a Google image search.

Hey, I am really tempted by this bag as well and wondered if you had any thoughts on how the printed leather would age ? I am just worried that it will become fainter and just look smudged with time…

Last edited:
Hey, I am really tempted by this bag as well and wondered if you had any thoughts on how the printed leather would age ? I am just worried that it will become fainter and just look smudged with time…

No problem, I'm happy to share my experiences. The faux snakeskin is created by embossing and laminating the leather. The lamination also protects the dyes from becoming fainter/smudged over time. I was initially concerned about the large hardware being prone to scratches. However, it seems to be holding up fine, although I do try to baby my bags. The other thing I was concerned about was the structure of the bag; older, larger models of Mulberry Lilys often show issues with sagging. I think the smaller size and the materials used in the top handle Lily will preserve its shape much better. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: jamlover
No problem, I'm happy to share my experiences. The faux snakeskin is created by embossing and laminating the leather. The lamination also protects the dyes from becoming fainter/smudged over time. I was initially concerned about the large hardware being prone to scratches. However, it seems to be holding up fine, although I do try to baby my bags. The other thing I was concerned about was the structure of the bag; older, larger models of Mulberry Lilys often show issues with sagging. I think the smaller size and the materials used in the top handle Lily will preserve its shape much better. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you so much for replying and for replying so quickly. All this is really helpful to know. I am even more tempted now hah !
Looking at it I am presuming it’s a neutralish colour and should go with most things, has this been your experience? I have a fairly mixed wardrobe of clothes, but they are usually quite colourful

Thank you so much for replying and for replying so quickly. All this is really helpful to know. I am even more tempted now hah !
Looking at it I am presuming it’s a neutralish colour and should go with most things, has this been your experience? I have a fairly mixed wardrobe of clothes, but they are usually quite colourful

Yes, the product images on the Mulberry website are true to color. I wear a lot of black and jewel tones, but I think the green is lovely and muted enough to match most colors. I also believe that this is one of those bags that would work equally well in spring/summer and fall/winter.

Reactions: jamlover