Top handle anyone?

manolita

Oct 15, 2010
I saw the top handle purses at the store yesterday and made me wonder how come I have never seen any reveals at TPF or have never found one at the outlet. Do any of you have an opinion in terms of versatility, size, price ($148-$158), etc?
I dont have a lot to spend this PCE so I am considering a top handle or a pair of cashmere lined gloves.
Help!:nuts:

I have an older Madison Top Handle. I never put the pictures up in a reveal but it's cute. It doesn't carry a lot but I don't need that much. I can carry a wallet, a camera, my phone, cream and few snacks.

They look small but that's perfect for my size. Hope this helps :smile:

I have a couple they are good for going out or vacations when u don't want to carry a lot of stuff! My favorite small bag though would have to be the Groovy! I LOVE the size and how it can be carried cross body or on the shoulder!

I have revealed a couple top handles...
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pce-purchases-sequin-spotlights-video-reveal-640445.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/do-you-need-a-cool-small-bag-620764.html

My opinion is that they are great. I love grabbing one when I don't want to carry a larger bag. They fit a good bit, too.
I am a little turned off by some people buying them for their kids (puts a stigma on it, I guess), but it won't stop me from rocking mine. LOL!

I've always wondered about this because I've only seen them here in the action thread carried by kids, but I felt a little embarrassed to ask. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I always thought that they would be cute to take to a play or a night out when you don't want to be burdened with a regular purse.

They are perfect for that. Especially the black leather Madison top handle. It is more grown up looking than the Poppy top handles. Any Madison or Kristin TH would be a lot more appropriate than Poppy. LOL! I also have the Zebra Lurex one, and I love switching out of the Sophia of the same into the TH to run to the store...I would much rather accidentally mess up a TH than a Sophia. They look fabulous on the crook of your arm.
There was a crimson patent one too...but it is gone from the website. Wonder what happened to it? I had thought about getting it, but did not.

I have two Zoe patent pouch bags (black and berry), that are perfect for concerts and sporting events. I, too, wonder if they look "young", but they really fill a need - I am not going to bring a huge leather bag to a baseball game and have someone spill beer all over her:nuts:!

They are perfect for that. Especially the black leather Madison top handle. It is more grown up looking than the Poppy top handles. Any Madison or Kristin TH would be a lot more appropriate than Poppy. LOL! I also have the Zebra Lurex one, and I love switching out of the Sophia of the same into the TH to run to the store...I would much rather accidentally mess up a TH than a Sophia. They look fabulous on the crook of your arm.
There was a crimson patent one too...but it is gone from the website. Wonder what happened to it? I had thought about getting it, but did not.

It's funny that this question came up. My mom carries small bags, so I am thinking of getting the Crimson Patent Top Handle for her for Christmas and was going to ask you how you like yours. The Crimson Patent is still on the website under "small bags".

Thanks everyone! I think I will get one for my xmas present! PCL, yoy truly know your stuff! I agree the madison black leathef looks mpre grown up, I will go check it out!

I suggest that if you ever get a chance to get some cashmere lined leather gloves from Coach, to get them! They are the most comfortable and nice gloves to wear, look at and the leather is so soft and delicious! Maybe someone can get you some for Christmas? I am pretty sure they are only sold at certain times of year

I guess their Madison Top Handles are slightly different in terms of style as before? The ones I have for a few years back look like these....

341107475_54ed37af02_b.jpg

341107469_653f7d30e8_b.jpg

3545157786_f42f62b362_b.jpg

204178419_c60ce7da37_b.jpg

338854210_5375a300a4_b.jpg

204178418_af3c817522_b.jpg

232248307_a06dc6d637_b.jpg

If COACH comes out with that kind of style, I think I'll use up my 40% repair letter on them. I love that style.

^^ I know! I'm waiting for them to bring this style back but no luck so far. At least I have those. They were released 2004, 2005, and 2006 I think. Maybe even before that but I haven't seen this style in the past few years.