top 7 pieces every woman must own in her life time?

Has been a learning process for me.
1. One pair Classic studs (pearls, diamonds, gold). It should be something you can wear with anything. Casual, dressy, discreet yet luxurious.
2. One pair of dressy earrings.
3. Diamond ring. (Doesn’t matter if you buy or someone else.)
4. Diamond pendant. That you can wear 24/7, durable, can take getting wet.
5. Classic bracelet. (Diamonds/gold). Again you can wear 24/7
6. Classic watch.
7. Statement ring.

1. Diamond studs
2. Pearl studs
3. Pearl Necklace
4. Right Hand ring
5. Gold Bangle
6. Nice watch (a nice watch can ALWAYS be warn, while casual watches can’t be “dressed up.”).
7. Non-pearl necklace. This can be gold or jeweled depending on the persons typical wardrobe.

Reactions: doni
My opinions on this topic would be quite different 11 months ago. After a year of reflecting, I’ve come to the following jewelry conclusion:

1. A piece of jewelry that reminds you of a loving family member- whether it be a gift you received or an heirloom- every time you look at it you think of them- many of my antique pieces were purchased by my parents when I was young- my antique Tiffany and Co emerald and diamond ring brings the most joy from them

2. A piece of jewelry that makes you feel like royalty when you put it on- my 10 motif does this for me

3. An everyday piece that you can leave on - even just wearing sweatpants and a Disney spirit jersey- Cartier Love for me

4. A simple piece of jewelry you can wear to meet new people/job interviews- this is when I take out my Tiffany gold Loving Heart, Open Heart, etc

5. A pair of earrings that goes with everything- diamond, studs or pearls

6. A piece of jewelry that reflects your own sense of style

7. And, if you are lucky enough, a piece of jewelry from the one who stole your heart

Every other piece is just icing on the cake.
Agree with all of these. Spot on!!

• Love
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
My opinions on this topic would be quite different 11 months ago. After a year of reflecting, I’ve come to the following jewelry conclusion:

1. A piece of jewelry that reminds you of a loving family member- whether it be a gift you received or an heirloom- every time you look at it you think of them- many of my antique pieces were purchased by my parents when I was young- my antique Tiffany and Co emerald and diamond ring brings the most joy from them

2. A piece of jewelry that makes you feel like royalty when you put it on- my 10 motif does this for me

3. An everyday piece that you can leave on - even just wearing sweatpants and a Disney spirit jersey- Cartier Love for me

4. A simple piece of jewelry you can wear to meet new people/job interviews- this is when I take out my Tiffany gold Loving Heart, Open Heart, etc

5. A pair of earrings that goes with everything- diamond, studs or pearls

6. A piece of jewelry that reflects your own sense of style

7. And, if you are lucky enough, a piece of jewelry from the one who stole your heart

Every other piece is just icing on the cake.
Beautifully said!

I think it depends upon who you are, what you do, and how you dress, but here are mine:

1) Fine watch in a style that goes with most of your clothes. Mine is a more sporty Rolex (Oyster band, two tone.)
2) A piece that can get you from day to night, jeans to dressy. VCA Vintage Alhambra bracelet for me fits this.
3) An earring that frames your face, goes well with your face shape and coloring, and is versatile. For me, this is still hard to find. I don't have pierced ears, but if I did, I would wear pearls probably, or basic diamond studs.
4) A ring that matters to you. Wedding ring, engagement ring, school ring, sweet 16 ring, ring from parents -- some kind of ring. Mine is a diamond I had reset into a simple bezel setting. Love that thing.
5) A pendant that will work with most things. I have a friend who wears a Bvlgari B Zero white gold pendant with _everything_ and it really works for her. I'm still looking for my perfect necklace. Haven't found it yet, though my Kiki McDonough "Fantasy" gold disk pendant does this very well.
6) Some kind of "fun" piece that expresses your personality. Mine is a large Paloma Picasso "Heart" ring from Tiffany: https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/paloma-picasso-double-modern-heart-ring-GRP03168/
7) A show stopper. Something that whenever you wear it, it elevates your outfit, wardrobe etc. This doesn't have to be expensive, just something that works for you. I don't have this piece yet, but I keep looking for it.
8) I'd probably go with some gold chain type bracelet, charm or not, something substantial and interesting but more on the sleek side, rather than intricate.

1. A pair of (stud) earrings that you need not take off for days (diamond, pearls, gold...)
2. A good classic watch
3. A more over-the-top piece of jewelry that you bring out to play for special occasions (can be a spectacular bracelet, elaborate broche, magnificent tiara, whatever)
4. At least a piece of jewelry that has been worn by someone else, is old, has a story to tell.
5. At least a piece of jewelry that was given to you by someone you love (which should include yourself) to mark a special milestone.
6. ...

That's it really, everything else is optional :biggrin:

1. A pair of (stud) earrings that you need not take off for days (diamond, pearls, gold...)
2. A good classic watch
3. A more over-the-top piece of jewelry that you bring out to play for special occasions (can be a spectacular bracelet, elaborate broche, magnificent tiara, whatever)
4. At least a piece of jewelry that has been worn by someone else, is old, has a story to tell.
5. At least a piece of jewelry that was given to you by someone you love (which should include yourself) to mark a special milestone.
6. ...

That's it really, everything else is optional :biggrin:
Love the idea of a tiara! So fancy! :biggrin:

Reactions: Canturi lover
Great question. Of course it’s all a matter of taste but I’d say the things that have brought me the most pleasure are...
1. A ring with your favourite colour gemstone that you can admire when you are bored
2. Some jolly bead/woven bracelets or metal bangles that you can wear on the beach/at festivals
3. A locket with a special memento
4. Not the most popular choice, but I am also very sentimental for a charm bracelet
5. A thumb ring for when you feel edgy but probably shouldn’t get an impulse piercing :biggrin:
6. A statement brooch to jazz up your winter coat (brooches are great so I’m hoping for a brooch revival)
7. Dealer’s choice....

Reactions: Canturi lover