top 7 pieces every woman must own in her life time?

1. Diamond earrings - stud, inside and out hoops, etc.
2. Diamond tennis bracelet
3. Gold bangle
4. Diamond pendant necklace
5. RHR
6. Nice everyday watch
7. Pair of gold stud earrings for every day

I'm not a big pearl person but I know it's a staple for most women!

1. Diamond studs
2. Diamond ring
3. Pearl necklace
4. Pearl earrings
5. Pearl bracelet
6. A charm bracelet, no matter if it is a linked bracelet with hanging charms or Pandora/chamilia style, it can tell you a lot about someones personality and history, if they are making a meaningful bracelet
7. A beautiful necklace with pendant, be it with or yellow gold (only white gold for me!), with or without diamonds, something classy to wear everyday

Reactions: LizO...
1. Diamond earrings - stud, inside and out hoops, etc.
2. Diamond tennis bracelet
3. Gold bangle
4. Diamond pendant necklace
5. RHR
6. Nice everyday watch
7. Pair of gold stud earrings for every day

I'm not a big pearl person but I know it's a staple for most women!
great list!!!
Im not a YG kind of woman, so of this list i would replace YG with WG.

can we really only have 7 items? i already made my list. :lol:

I wont add a wedding ring or E ring as not everyone woman is married or even wants to be married.

1. Gold hoops
2. Diamond studs or drops
3. Long Pendant necklace
4 Shorter evening necklace or pearls
5. Bangles and lots of braclets to change daily
6. Great pair of gemstone/diamond/MOP earring that will always light up your face. I like MOP or Pink Opal.
7. Bracelet watch. Cartier or Rolex

I think the whole idea of these lists is kind of silly. I love my diamond studs, but another woman might like larger earrings or standard hoops instead. A pair of diamond studs would sit unused in her jewelry box, despite being told by countless people how they were "must haves".

Likewise, there are people who feel bare without a watch and those who are irritated to no end by having something on their wrist. Why spend hundreds or thousands on a watch or bracelets/bangles if you cannot stand them?

Many women tend to be fond of simple, understated pieces, but some of the most amazing people I see have statement pieces or ethnic jewelry that is simply stunning. For the person who values it, their money is much better spent on items that are big and carry history than on dainty "everyday" pieces.

I guess my point is that everyone's taste, style, socio-economic status and values are different. These cookie-cutter lists seem to take all the individuality out of accessories that are intended to highlight that very thing! So long live non-standard jewelry! I admire that far more on other people than the "must-haves" on all the lists (that mostly blend into the background and go unnoticed).