Travel Top 5 places/cities for a girls weekend

chavezslp

O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
We already have New York City, San Francisco and Chicago on the list. We don't want to do Vegas or New Orleans.....We would consider places in the Carribean but have reservations about traveling to Mexico. Where else should we consider. We want nice and luxurious but will be traveling on a budget. TIA!

I wouldn't worry about traveling to certain parts of Mexico---for example SO and I just went to Cozumel in November and it was perfectly safe. I would have felt fine going there by myself. Granted, it's incredibly touristy and isolated from the rest of mexico. Now would I go to northern mexico?? Heck no! As for whether Cozumel is a good girls weekend, imo probably not--it's too small and I felt like more of an older atmosphere (SO and I got bored really quickly when the weather went bad and we couldn't scuba). I'd recommend Cabo if you guys want to do somewhere outside the US.

What about Napa? (or is that planned for San Fran?)

What do you want to do on the trip and what time of year? How about Miami, LA, Palm Springs, Charleston, Napa, a spa resort? If you choose the Caribbean, I would just focus on places that are easily accessible from your location so you don't have to waste a day traveling.

What do you like to do - outdoors/active,clubs, spa. For some non-Caribbean suggestions: Savannah, GA or Charleston, SC, Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. I had a blast in memphis, but I love live music, food, and history. The biltmore in phoenix. and i had a blast golfing and spa-ing with my girlfriends in palm Springs and hiking on the San andreas fault!