TOP 5 HG Charms

The retro star shows up about once a year and for some reason is not that popular and can be had for a decent price. I have it and love it. I have yet to see the pave baseball bat. I've only seen once a defective deck of cards which I should of picked up since it could of been fixed but I didn't know how rare it was at the time. And I think Flawsie mentioned she had finally found the super rare gold pegasus.

What are some of the hard to find charms that NEVER show up for sale? I know the world globe is impossible to find and I'm desperatley waiting for the colored Yorkies to show up on ebay, but what are some of the other ones?

Huckleberry!! I think the mermaid is impossible to find. I love the mermaid so much and no matter how much I've been looking 4 the last 3 months, I haven't seen not even one being sold. If one ever shows up, I wonder how much $$$ it will go for!!

Huckleberry!! I think the mermaid is impossible to find. I love the mermaid so much and no matter how much I've been looking 4 the last 3 months, I haven't seen not even one being sold. If one ever shows up, I wonder how much $$$ it will go for!!

I think I've seen the mermaid two or three times since I started collecting in July, not sure if they were in tagged boxes or not though which is my new requirement for *most* charms. I'm thinking they went in the $150-$250 range but I could be wrong (don't ever tell my students I said that :biggrin:).

I think I've seen the mermaid two or three times since I started collecting in July, not sure if they were in tagged boxes or not though which is my new requirement for *most* charms. I'm thinking they went in the $150-$250 range but I could be wrong (don't ever tell my students I said that :biggrin:).

Haha, I'm actually one of your students (reading your blog and learning about charms, proper boxes etc.) But don't worry I won't tell the others:smile: LOL I love the mermaid and I know it would be expensive if it shows up somewhere, but I think the only charm I could see myself spending big $$$ right now is the beehive. For some reason from all of the old, so rare ones, I like the beehive most. Why do I like this charm so much? I don't know. I still have such a small collection compared to y'all that right now I'm ok just getting whatever I can get even if its not "oh-so-rare". We have this saying in polish though, "the more you start eating, the more appetite you have" so the more I'm collecting, the more I'm craving!! And I'm craving that beehive charm so bad.

So I decided to make a new thread, bc I would love to hear what everyone's TOP 5 charms are. Please mention if you have or would like to own in future! I know it's hard to narrow it down to 5 but I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

I've found that my Hg's change over time, maybe because the thrill of the chase keeps some charms on the mind more than others, and time has a way of keeping things in perspective.

But right now my HG charm list looks like this, and fortunately I have them all.
1. Fawn
2. Reindeer
3. Cornucopia
4. Igloo
5. Love Birds

5 favorites hardly seem adequate when there are so many great charms, but since you asked about HG charms I picked these.

^^^ lol! I agree KR and now thinking about it, I love the fawn and the blue bubblegum machine too. But I know there are so many, but i think a few are drawn to us more! so maybe let's make it a TOP TEN!

^^ Thanks Huck, I was looking at that but it has no box and the clasp is messed up. It looked like one eye had no crystal but i asked the seller and she said it did! So i don't know....:hrmm:

I love this thread idea!! How fun to see what everyones favorites and wants are!
okay my top ten I have are :

1. caviar
2. sparrow with heart on belly
3. cherry pie
4. fawn
5. tiaria in the case
6. swan prince
7. pegasas
8. pumpkin
9.wedding cake (old)
10. lobster

and top ten I want are :