Travel Top 3 Travel Destinations

Wow this is hard, top 3..that I like, that I think other people should see, that I would go back to again. I'll give it a try.

Russia--I loved it, but I loved the Hermitage Museum. One of my favorite museums in the world. I think St. Petersburg with the canals is prettier than Venice in the summer.

Brittany/Normandy France--would LOVE to live there someday, and working on that objective everyday. LOL.

Alaska--love the scenery, wildlife. But Montana comes in a close second.

It was hard to pick 3. I also love Maldives and Seychelles, and Finland, and Croatia and Paris shopping and HK shopping and eating, and Bora Bora and Chicago, Iceland, and South Africa.

#1: Italy
I find ancient rome (and all things romanesque, for that matter) to be extremely fascinating. Therefore, Rome and Pompeii are a must for me!

#2: Australia & New Zealand
I've been to Australia once (on the East Coast), but missed out on the West Coast, the Outback, and New Zealand. I definitely want to go back and hit all of these places b/c the scenery is gorgeous, I love the animals that are native to the areas, and the toilet water flushes backwards!

#3: Paris, France:
For the food, romance, and shopping, of course!

out of the places i've been:

1. seville
2. prague
3. rome

it was hard choosing a #1, but i love the food in seville more than in prague. prague sure is gorgeous though!

Thank you so much for sharing, Ladies! It is so fun and interesting to hear from each one of you! :woohoo:

Mette: I'd love to go to Osaka one day!

nvie: I absolutely agree with you on the hygiene issue in the rural areas of China! :shocked: I love Shanghai though!

finzup: The food in Thailand is delicious! I'd also love to go to Vietnam for authentic pho by the streets!

Monpetitsecret: The Amazon forest would be something! Imagine all the different types of greens and rare insects/animals one would encounter.

chanel*liz: Which Carribbean island have you been to? Care to recommend a few?

Pinkcaviar: A lot of people have been raving about Maldives! I'd love to go there one day...the beach makes me calm!

chunkylover53: I LOVE HK for it's shopping and great food :heart:! People say HK is sooo crowded and polluted. Yes, there's some truth to it, but those factors ain't decreasing my love for HK ;)

boxermom: I've heard SO many good things about Chicago! I've also seen photos of their amazing architecture. I'd love to visit Chicago one day! :balloon: I've also read about their numerous awesome restaurants! On another note, what's good in Monterey Peninsula/Carmel? Never been there! Do fill me in - I'm curious!

dr. twiggers: The African Safari is also one of my To Do List! I reckon the documentary we see on TV doesn't do justice to the real deal!

Swanky Mama Of Three & Cait: I went to Venice a couple of years back. Love it there:cloud9:! It has so much character.

Longchamp & sweetfacespout: Alaska would be a sight to behold! I've heard that the cruises to Alaska is awesome!

cakegirl: The food in Spain is TDF! Aaahh...I'm reminiscing all the tapas and the paellas I had in Barcelona and Valencia now! The Spaniards are extremely friendly too.

onesmallchimera: Never been to Hawaii! When is the best time to go?

jisatsu: I'd love to go back to Tokyo again! Hopefully soon!

Sabine: Awesome choices!

vtfroggie & GirlFriday: I wish I could go to Paris every year :love: There's just so much to do in that lovely city!

stephc005: A lot of my friends have been to Prague and they love it there. I'd love to check it out one day!

TYRA, Chicago is fabulous! All the great shopping is within walking distance on North Michigan Avenue and Oak St. Interspersed with great restaurants and hotels as well as so many museums and you are on the lakefront of Lake Michigan. You can eat in anything from nice cafes in Water Tower Place ( an urban vertical mall) to a French cafe a block off Mich. Ave. attached to the Peninsula Hotel to Spiagga, Pres. and Michelle *****'s favorite restaurant.

Sounds like several of us could go on and on about Monterey/Carmel! The scenery is unbelievable. On the 17-mile drive along the coast, every turn is a picture postcard. Monterey is home to Cannery Row, of John Steinbeck fame; Fishermen's Wharf, the Monterey Aquarium (world's best, IMO). Carmel is a unique town where the main *downtown* looks like something out of a fairytale--no chains or franchises; all indie shops and Hog's Breath Inn (Clint Eastwood's) for lunch. One the water, it's B&B heaven. For golfers it's nirvana--Pebble Beach being the most famous course. I'm sure I'm leaving things out. Fabulous scenery, history, shopping and climate. If money were no object, I'd live here or in San Francisco.