toolbox vs kelly

honeybeez

Apr 1, 2007
hello gals,

while my money tree is growing, i would like to do a survey first b4 buying. please give me your opinions on these 2 bags. since the kelly 32 and toolbox 26 price are about the same, which one would u choose and why? thank u so much.

Ditto on both posts above!

Absolutely..............

I might add that while the Toolbox is a nice looking bag, it's a bag that could be added to your collection at a later date to "round it out" so to speak....and if you wait I'm sure you'll be seeing them through re-sellers at half the price of retail.

As someone who owns both, I would get a Kelly especially if this is going to be your first H bag. The Toolbox is wonderful and I think it can be a dressy bag, if worn with the right outfit. It's lightweight, holds a great amount and is a real conversation piece. But a Kelly...well, that's just an iconic bag that is a wardrobe staple. I can't count how many times I've carried my raisin Kelly and orange Kelly since getting them.

Also, the Toolbox only comes in Swift leather which limits your options considerably. With the Kelly, you have the option of all types of leathers and colors.

If I can provide any more insight, just ask.

Kelly it's classic much more versatile simple lines with plush materials that create timeless elegance it's not fussy especially in this size and it is as complex and elegant or as simple and sporty as you want it to be ,I find the Kelly to be hermes is most useful chameleon bag when I'm on trips and vacation my Kelly does it all during the day with jeans and simple tops I exchange the shoulder strap and use a scarf instead during the evening I remove the scarf and use it on my arm for smart dinners and outings , the toolbox is both interesting and a novelty but it's not that versatile and I do not find it as a reflective of Hermes tradition and sense of esthetic .hope it helps darling .birkel.

wow, thank u gals.
surprisingly, none of u will choose the toolbox.
is the kelly difficult to take things out? as i can see the toolbox is very easy just the buckle and u can get the things.
restricter : hmm, actually i like swift leather as i think the colors are more rich in it and it is abit shinny than other leathers. am i right? :smile: