>>> Too similar to have BOTH bags in these colors & leather ??

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Canada
I love the Givenchy mini Antigona. I already have it in the mini black with shiny leather (w/ silver hardware) Should I get the storm GREY croc embossed leather in the same style too (with gold hardware)? (see picture below) Are they too similar to have (as both of them have shiny leather)? How would you wear both bags? Any suggestions? Or should I just don't waste money on the GREY croc embossed leather in the same style as they look too similar??? Is the croc embossed leather not versatile enough? Which bag is nicer? Thank you in advance for your help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: IntheOcean

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I'm terribly biased bc I'm a believer of the "multiples" concept, where if a bag or shoe or piece of clothing is perfect for your lifestyle/body, you should buy it in different colors.

I have black antigona in mini, small and medium so I see your choice as even easier than just color difference bc the croc embossed vs shiny smooth are quite different to me. Grey croc embossed is my first choice, right next to black croc embossed so you need to experience and own a croc embossed one from Givenchy as they are experts in this style.

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
Definitely different enough to have both. The croc can easily be used for more dressy occasions and the black and the black when you want to be more casual.

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
They're not too much alike at all, so you should totally go for the croc one too if you like it! (What's not to like, though, it's gorgeous :P:tup:) There's nothing wrong with liking the style and shape of the bag and having several versions of it.

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Canada
randr21: You must like the style of antigona style a lot! I returned the pink croc (in previous thread) and got this grey one instead as I think the color is more versatile. :smile: You are right....Givenchy does embossed croc leather very well. It's just beautiful!

Thanks ....Venessa84, Sammi88x, IntheOcean

i*bella

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
No, not too similar. That grey croc is beautiful! It's a neutral, so I think it would go with most colors unless it pulls cool/purple.

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
randr21: You must like the style of antigona style a lot! I returned the pink croc (in previous thread) and got this grey one instead as I think the color is more versatile. :smile: You are right....Givenchy does embossed croc leather very well. It's just beautiful!

Thanks ....Venessa84, Sammi88x, IntheOcean
I'm so glad you got the grey! I have the grey embossed in nubuck from probably a decade ago, and it's really chic so I can only imagine the leather version is divine.

Funnily enough, I love their nightingale style most, which sadly they don't make anymore. I think I have 10+ in med size and different leathers and colors. Pandoras are a second favorite. [emoji39]