Too showy?

This might be dumb, but I just got the mono bumbag and an Escale piece over the weekend.

Then today I read that something like 40% of adults in US are unemployed. I'm seriously thinking of returning or selling them. Am I overreacting or does it seem insensitive to wear such obviously expensive accessories these days?

I guess it depends upon where you live? LV bags are a dime a dozen in my city.

That said, you could probably carry the bumbag easier than escale since it is smaller and a more understated print. No one knows if you’ve had it for a year or since yesterday so carry and enjoy when you feel ok to do so.

I felt this way until very recently about all my luxe goods, especially knowing so many of my friends were laid off. I have started wearing my items again on the rare occasion I leave my house (I am WFH right now) but I am definitely more mindful of my surroundings. Since I like to dress pretty casually, I don't think I look flashy or anything.

I felt this way until very recently about all my luxe goods, especially knowing so many of my friends were laid off. I have started wearing my items again on the rare occasion I leave my house (I am WFH right now) but I am definitely more mindful of my surroundings. Since I like to dress pretty casually, I don't think I look flashy or anything.
This. Mindful of your surroundings is an important factor for me. I would not be comfortable drawing unwanted attention to myself in an area that has experienced recent unrest. If I'm headed to an area that I know will see plenty of other higher end things I welcome the opportunity to be able to use them.

Unpopular opinion.

I think we overestimate how much strangers care about what bags we carry honestly. I would never consider returning or selling my new LV for a loss because some random unnamed person might feel a certain way. I promise you the average person doesn't care. And most people believe the LV they see is fake. There was a poll or study done. It was very high percentage of people.

I say enjoy them and find other ways to give back or help out in your community.

Unpopular opinion.

I think we overestimate how much strangers care about what bags we carry honestly. I would never consider returning or selling my new LV for a loss because some random unnamed person might feel a certain way. I promise you the average person doesn't care. And most people believe the LV they see is fake. There was a poll or study done. It was very high percentage of people.

I say enjoy them and find other ways to give back or help out in your community.
I find this to be very true!
You may be more mindful if you leave in a very small town but in a big city, LV is still everywhere, even now

My local LV store is always full and things that I want is always out of stock. Every time I went to store, I saw people making purchase and I still saw lots of people wearing LV. So I think, people still keep on buying and using it. It’s really up to you if you want to hold your self, but I just think that other people wouldn’t even bother about us. Sorry if my opinion is the opposite. :smile:

Reactions: LastLouieIswear
I went to the mall two weeks ago to pick up my PA. I saw plenty of young and old all types of people with Gucci, Burberry, etc. shopping bags and there is always a wait line for the stores.

unemployment is like poverty, it will always exist because every ladder has a bottom rung.

that being said, I’m not always wearing my LV to the supermarket but I love my few bags. I bought them for me only.