Too short tights

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Alright this might be a weird thread, yet I can't imagine I'm alone with this problem. So here goes - I'm 5'7'' so pretty much average and not super-tall, yet I can't seem to find tights that aren't too short. It's not like my feet would be super long or something, but no matter how much I struggle myself into tights (different brands and not neccessarily cheap) they are too short!!
    I tried to buy bigger sizes, but then they are just wider, not longer, like they were all made for gals that are 5'2'' or something. Oddly enough I tried some cheap ones from H&M and they fit just right. Still I can't understand why the rest is sooo shoooort... :weird:
    Anybody else have that problem and/or recommendations for brands to try? Affordable ones would be great, but I'm thankful for every idea; preferably european brands as I'm from Europe!!

2. I have the same problem with most tights! I'm 1.80m/5'11" and I found out that Falke tights fit me perfectly. I just bought a pair of black opaque ones for €16, which isn't too expensive IMO. :tup:

3. funny enough, i'm 5'0 but i had the same problem - i had to size up in wolford to S for tights! i seem to recall prada's tights were quite long, or was it burberry . . . ? one of the two for sure!

4. All I know is bigger sizes...I'm the same height as you and I used to buy a size or 2 larger than it claims on the chart and this way they are long enough and not too tight. I also used to wear thigh high stockings instead of pantyhose which I liked a lot better, you can actually buy those in long too. I suppose some places probably sell pantyhose and tights in long. Now I've sworn off hose/tights and haven't worn them in over 10 years, so I'm not sure what's out there now.

5. Oh I'm glad I'm NOT the only one with that problem. I always wondered why the sizes aren't like short/normal/long as with pants? That would make perfect sense. Maybe some brands offer length-options, but I have yet to find them.

@ elsie87: Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye out for Falke tights!

6. Hm, that's interesting.. what brands are you trying? I'm the same height as you and I used to have the same problem when I was buying one size smaller than I should have. I like Hue tights (I'm 5'7" and about 125 lb, and I usually either take a size 2 or a M/L, if that helps any).

7. i wear j.crew tights, and i think they're pretty good length-wise. i'm 5'6", 107lbs, and wear their s/m size in the tights.

8. I am happy someone brought this up, too, I am so surprised to see that "short" gals (I am 5'10" :P medium weight) have this issue as well!

My problem is, I am needing some nice hose, tights, and Spanx to wear with a few dresses I bought (trying to liven up my wardrobe some) and I am tired of having to buy some, try them on, go back and buy / try the next bigger *(or smaller) size, etc. It is getting annoying, not to mention expensive.

I am happy for all the suggestions here.... Thanks from me, too. :smile:

9. I have the same issue. I'm 5ft10 and I always have to buy the biggest size just for the length. I think American Apparel tights are not too bad.