Too Pushy??

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I'm tempted to send a second message to the seller of an eBay item that I bought, but really need someone to tell me if it's too much, too soon.

Dec. 19th - Won + Paid for item; seller's listing says ships within 3 days through USPS Priority (shipping within the US)
Dec 22nd, end of day - Sent a quick, polite, "If you could send the tracking for this... thank you!" message.
Dec 22nd - Seller responds, "I'll send this tom. through FedEx + send you the tracking"
Dec 27th - No package, no more messages.

I know that it was not only the weekend, but the holiday, so people have obviously been busy. + there was no USPS yesterday, so I'm assuming FedEx didn't run either.

I'd like to send just another quick, "If you could still forward me the tracking number whenever you get a chance, that would be wonderful! Thank you!"

... but I also don't want to be that buyer, you know? Too pushy?

I don't think so....did the seller say they would be away for the holidays and not planning

to ship until after Christmas? I think you could send a polite updating tracking/shipping info

message...

I'm tempted to send a second message to the seller of an eBay item that I bought, but really need someone to tell me if it's too much, too soon.

Dec. 19th - Won + Paid for item; seller's listing says ships within 3 days through USPS Priority (shipping within the US)
Dec 22nd, end of day - Sent a quick, polite, "If you could send the tracking for this... thank you!" message.
Dec 22nd - Seller responds, "I'll send this tom. through FedEx + send you the tracking"
Dec 27th - No package, no more messages.

I know that it was not only the weekend, but the holiday, so people have obviously been busy. + there was no USPS yesterday, so I'm assuming FedEx didn't run either.

I'd like to send just another quick, "If you could still forward me the tracking number whenever you get a chance, that would be wonderful! Thank you!"

... but I also don't want to be that buyer, you know? Too pushy?

I would wait until tomorrow. If you don't receive the tracking or the package then email them and request an update on when it should arrive. Holidays are hectic, so I'd give them that extra day.

I would wait until tomorrow. If you don't receive the tracking or the package then email them and request an update on when it should arrive. Holidays are hectic, so I'd give them that extra day.

buyer bought & paid on the 19th... seller said she would ship
and provide provide tracking on the 22nd..

perhaps the seller hasn't even shipped this package... why
not send a polite e-mail asking for an update?

its late in the day/early evening so the shipping info should have
been provided to the buyer already..if not, another day has gone by

just really dislike when sellers aren't responsible for providing
a courtesy e-mail update about shipping....

Normally I don't mind if sellers don't automatically send shipping updates after a purchase, but I do start to mind more when people say they'll ship/send information and then flake out on it.

well, I do agree with you... courtesy goes along way....and they very easily could have
e-mailed today saying something to the order of, got caught up in the holidays and
did not ship but will be shipping today or tomorrow...just an update.... everybody
is on their computer/blackberry, etc at some point... it just takes a few seconds...

I have to say that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, sellers not taking a moment to respond to an email. I don't mind if the holidays cause delays, it would be nice just to know!

Too pushy my A!!! I would honestly be all over this seller. It's only common courtesy - if you are listing on eBay, make sure that you are available to provide the necessary information and communication to your buyer(s.) Otherwise, wait until you are 100% available to list and sell. :idea:

You are being extremely patient. I would say that at this point if a tracking number is not provided to you by EOD tomorrow, politely inform the seller that you will file INR. Period. :yes:

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking again for a tracking number. You could say that you will be out of the house a lot today and want to see where the item is so you can plan your schedule accordingly. ;)

Too pushy my A!!! I would honestly be all over this seller. It's only common courtesy - if you are listing on eBay, make sure that you are available to provide the necessary information and communication to your buyer(s.) Otherwise, wait until you are 100% available to list and sell. :idea:

You are being extremely patient. I would say that at this point if a tracking number is not provided to you by EOD tomorrow, politely inform the seller that you will file INR. Period. :yes:

Agree here.. if the shipping/tracking doesn't come be end of day, would file

an INR.... but would not let the seller know that is what I intend to do..

just file and let the inconsiderate seller figure it out!! And would ding on

the communication in fb

Did you check on Paypal to see if a tracking number was uploaded? It seems that the auto notification emails from paypal go to the spam folder or otherwise unnoticed at times. Double check.....then email if nothing is uploaded.