Too overwhelmed with everything I have to sell!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, we are doing this MAJOR flip of rooms in our house and since we are redesignating space, our furniture needs are changing too. We have 3 bedrooms switching, the family and rec room getting things redistributed, plus the playroom and office switching and we are in the middle of a bathroom remodel. Once it's all said and done, we'll have better use of space, but in the meantime? I'm overwhelmed.. We were able to find a bed set for my two sons off craigslist for cheap, but I need to sell the loft bed system we have. We just bought a new sectional sofa, so I need to sell the couch, chair and other stuff we have n the living room - like nearly EVERYTHING in the living room is going, but the NEW stuff is already here and in the way or on it's way...I feel like I am living in a warehouse! ACK!!!

Things better sell fast on CL or we are really in a bind! JUst kind of ranting as I start on my day with too little sleep once again!

2. Seems like you have a lot on your plate, I hope CL works out for you :smile:

3. i know how you feel!! i'm trying to unload some bits of furniture, and i have boxes of clothes and accessories i need to sell online but am too lazy to do.

4. I don't know if you are absolutely intent on selling, but I literally cleared out my entire apartment within probably an hour of listing everything on Craigslist for free. People came with their own trucks to pick everything up and it was great.

5. I wish I could do that, but we do need the money for things. We do donate a LOT, but some of the stuff we are selling are not cheap. Though in the end, we will probably be donating our sofa and perhaps our rear projection tv or in the least, the small tube TV. Most things, if they don't sell IMMEDIATELY, that's OK, but for the sofa and chair, they are REALLLLLLY in the way. OK, off to clean the sofa to list it for CHEAP.

6. ^Just so you know, places like Goodwill will not take donated TVs per federal regulations on the disposal of such. Might want to try listing those on Craigslist for a low price.

7. Good Luck!

We had to do a quick "this is going with us and this isn't" a couple of weeks ago when we found out we are moving. We put quite a bit of stuff on the curb (and it was all picked up by a very nice family with 5 kids!). The big stuff - 2 couches, a loveseat, a (really nice) piano, a TV, some end tables, and a bedroom set - are all being picked up today by Opportunity Village. They are a local charity that employs handicapped people. I thought about putting the piano on CL, but in the end, it just seemed easier to take the tax break than to have people coming to our house to check things out, especially since DH travels some and didn't want me to be alone with weird people coming by!