Too old for metallics?

Crystalina

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Hi, ladies!

I have two questions:

1. First, I am 37 years old. Am I too old to carry a Silver Metallic Maggie?

2. Also, how is the quality of the metallic bags? Do they hold up well?

Thanks!!! :biggrin:

I don't think there is any age restriction on metallics. I own a Coach Madison metallic and I am 31. As far as the quality, I have noticed that the metallic does seem to scratch a little bit more easily, however, it's not as noticeable on the bag! So, that's a plus.

I'm not going to say how old I am but I don't think there is a cut and dried rule about who can carry metallic bags. I think the Maggie is more of a mature bag than say, a Poppy, but I have a metallic Poppy and I don't see any problem with carrying it at any age. I also think that silver is more subtle than gold. I have more of a problem with carrying animal print, but not because of my age. It's more that I'm not that flashy of a person. It is more of a question of personal style. IMO I want my bag to be unique enough to attract attention. I think that the Maggie is a classy bag and I would definitely rather have it in a metallic than a boring black.
I think that the metallic leathers vary. Some of them are more hearty than others. I haven't carried mine enough to know yet, but I have heard some people on this forum complaining about certain metallic leathers. I don't think it was the Maggie though.

You should get what you like. The only person you have to please is yourself.

Hi, ladies!

I have two questions:

:biggrin:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I'm technically old enough to be your mother and you betcha I sport the metallic. Tell the Fashion Police your Purse Mother gave you permission. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say go for it! I don't think there's an age restriction for carrying metallic bags. If you like it, rock it! I think all the Maggie bags are gorgeous!

No way is anyone ever too old! Plus, your purse mother gave you permission (too cute, BTW). I have the Madison Leather Large Shoulder Bag in QB/Silver. While I do not carry her every day as I am a switcher, she has held up great, still smooth and shiny and I do not baby it. You go snag your metallic and then show her off to us :smile:.

Hi, ladies!

I have two questions:

2. Also, how is the quality of the metallic bags? Do they hold up well?

Thanks!!! :biggrin:

On #1 now way I am 45 and I have a few metallic bag including the Maggie and I just love her.. This bag is stunning.. and is not an age thing at all.

Mind you I believe in owning the bags I like...

On #2.. I have had the Maggie for almost two year and I have no issue's at all.. Now I only wear each of my bags 1 week out of the year but When I wear them they go everywhere with me and the Metallic Maggie is in amazing condition.

Here is my beauty with all here metallic accessories..

user215093_pic72764_1297088693[1].jpg

I agree with what has been said. I think metallics can look sleek for anyone. Also, handbags are accessories that people often use to add a pop of color or fun to an outfit. Some women only add color or shine to their wardrobe via their handbag and shoes, keeping the clothing more subtle. In that case, almost anything goes.

No absolutely not too old for a metallic bag - I too am in my 40's and I'd have to give up half my collection if I wasn't allowed to carry the blingy stuff. ;)

Having said that, I saw someone on the weekend in sparkle overload and she almost blinded me - I don't know if the bag was KVZ or Guess but it looked like it had gotten bedazzled, then a big oversized top covered in sequins, rhinestone jeans and a ton of jewellery. So while no one loves bling more than me (working my Ocelot Metallic Hailey this week), I would definitely keep metallics, sequins and bling out of the rest of my wardrobe.