Too old for glitter nail polish?

May 13, 2012
The thread about work appropriate polish got me to thinking -- whether I wear it to work or just on the weekends, am I too old to wear chunky glitter nail polish?

I'm a 37 year old middle school teacher, so I can wear pretty much what I want.

I've become enamoured with the glitter! But...if I wear it, will I look like someone who's trying to be/look younger than she is? Normally, I don't care too much what others think of me, but I definitely don't want to be *that* person who gets talked about. Know what I mean?

What are your thoughts?

~LC

Librarychickie said:
The thread about work appropriate polish got me to thinking -- whether I wear it to work or just on the weekends, am I too old to wear chunky glitter nail polish?

I'm a 37 year old middle school teacher, so I can wear pretty much what I want.

I've become enamoured with the glitter! But...if I wear it, will I look like someone who's trying to be/look younger than she is? Normally, I don't care too much what others think of me, but I definitely don't want to be *that* person who gets talked about. Know what I mean?

What are your thoughts?

~LC

I'm 49 and wear glitter. People compliment me on my nails when I least expect it - from all walks of life, so I'm guessing it looks okay. Regardless, what is MOST important is that it makes me happy to look down at my sparkly nails whenever I need a pick-me-up! :biggrin:

I was going to say the same thing, if you love glitter on your nails then wear it and enjoy it!! I don't wear nail polish to impress others, I wear it because it makes me happy to look at my hands and see my beautiful nails. :smile:

I was going to say the same thing, if you love glitter on your nails then wear it and enjoy it!! I don't wear nail polish to impress others, I wear it because it makes me happy to look at my hands and see my beautiful nails. :smile:

This! Always wear things for yourself, not for anyone else. If YOU like to wear glitter, then wear it!

Well, it's good to know y'all's opinions! Now, I can begin purchasing full size glitter polishes. I've been ordering the minis because I didn't want to make a big commitment! Ha! Mod course, over the past two weeks, I've had 20+ mini bottles delivered to my house! Ack! I'm out of control!