Too Old For A Devote

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
I absolutely love this bag. But I'm over 50. Don't want to look like I'm trying to look too young....if you know what I mean. I wear stylish clothing and shoes and my bags go from Marc Jacobs to Balenciaga to Jimmy Choo (Ramona) to YSL Muse Bag and now the Devote. I'm kind of thinking this bag is not for me but I'm putting this out to you.
Should I go for it? I won't be at all insulted if you tell me what you truly feel. I saw this bag in a berry color with the gold studs and am tossing around this color vs the black. I'm so tempted - !

I actually think the devote looks sort of similar to the Jimmy Choo Ramona with the belts and all. If you like the Ramona, the Devote is not too far from the apple tree. I'd say go for it! Besides, I personally think the Devote actually looks like one of the more "mature" looking bags from RM anyway!

Lolasmom, you should definitely buy a Devote and wear it with total confidence! I'm 50-ish too, & my next RM will hopefully be a Devote. I think the Devote is one of RM's most conservative styles; so I'm looking for one in an slightly edgy color like Teal or an upcoming blue. If you absolutely love the Devote then you must have one!

I think a Devote is a very Mature looking bag for any age. Even in business. I think if you are afraid of trying to look too young, I'd stay away from the studded ones. I LOVE them but I am in my Mid 40's and thought the studs might be a little over the edge for me. I think Studded Devotes fall into a completely different catagory than regular ones. I have a Wine and Burgandy Mini Devote.
My sister will speak her opinions loudly and I have never had her tell me I am wearing bags that are too young for me although I have had her tell me on more than one occassion that the MAM is a "Little Old Lady Bag"...LOL

^^^ That's funny!!! "Little old Lady Bag!!"" Maybe that's why I LOVE them!!

LolasMom: I'm still in my 40's and think that the devote is sooo versatile that any age can wear it well!!! It's all in the attitude!! :P

Black is classic and looks amazing with the gold studs. I feel that black is the definitely the color that won't go out of style nor will you get tired of it. I have one and LOVE it.

It's an amazing bag no matter which color you get :tup:

The devote is very mature looking to me, one of the reasons why I've hesitated in buying one (I'm not really a big bag girl). Like others said, if you are worried then avoid the stud devotes. But other than that it strikes me as the perfect mom/work bag.

YEs buy one and if you are worried I would say get the black devote with gunmetal it adds punch without being blingy, I however have a black gold devote and it's a classic!

So I was in Nordstrom today. They had a devote with studs and a devote without. Are there two sizes to this bag because the bag with studs was much larger than the one without. Thanks to all of you for your show of support...LOL to the older generation!!!!