too much makeup?

Yeah, if anyone can give me advice on what to do with my vast collection of perfume, please do.

So I have 10 and am working my way through them. It's OK IMO to have a wardrobe of scent, day, eve, Summer, Winter. Some I'm actually trying make last longer like Alexander MacQueen's Kingdom. If there any that you just never wear and never will either gift-on or sell on E_bay, discontinued fragrance has been booming.Had to do this a few years ago my mother gave me some Ltd Ed. Lalique miniatures and I was not keen on the fragrances, I was shocked how much it went for - huge market.

I have too many eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes but I've never had a powder eyeshadow turn on me. I've been using the same NARS blush from 2006 or so. I've hit pan but it hasn't gone bad yet... I guess I'm gross. Cream items are another story though, but I haven't had one turn on me either (probably preservatives).
I find powder items like blush and shadow last forever. I have a MAC shadow that must be ten years old. You can see the pan in part of it I think but there's still quite a bit left.
Even lipstick - people say it eventually smells; I haven't found that.

Start with those.

Nothing wrong with less expensive brands if the products are good - if you love the Maybelline, keep it.

but I see women on YT constantly say they bought 10 coz the eyeshadow palette or lipstick Rimmel was only $10 or $ 5 or whatever and how they can only dream of Pat McGrath or Chantecaille etc, but if they did the maths...
yes, I probably need to toss the ELF blushes....they're not bad but I haven't been using them. If there was an expensive one I really wanted I'd get it. they last for a long time. but right now I have at least four dept store blushes plus the maybelline shimmer brick things. and as someone pointed out, these aren't the best times for wearing makeup

Reactions: papertiger
:heart: :yes: :heart: ITA, thank you
My eyes seem so much smaller and slanted, hardly any space to put more than 2 colours or much product - I've started take tips from K YTbers like Pony Syndrome (love her). That inspires me to try more than just admiring.

I'm happy with my eyes (they seem to go OK with the rest of my face LOL) but 9 huge eyeshadow palettes with my eye shape? Make it 2040 :lol:

Any other ideas on multi-tasking or YT recommendations for slanted-eye tutorials so I can make the most of these palates would be much appreciated. .

Not a Youtube video, but I love this look. It's a simple, rosy two-colored application. Light all over, then darker in the crease. Beautiful!

2c384dde2029673eb5f7af4fbbde7d19.jpg

I have a lot of makeup. One thing I'm careful about is purging mascaras and eye liners so they don't cause problems or an infection. I did a lipstick purge of colors or textures I wasn't crazy about, why keep them when I far prefer others I have? Over time I've gotten much more selective--instead of buying a set of shadows, I'll buy instead individual shadows that I zero in on. I like some Tom Ford and Chanel quads, but others are a la carte. More often than not for me, sets of makeup contain too many "loser colors" I know I'll never use. It's like companies throw in some weird colors they know nobody would individually buy.

It’s about finding an everyday look that works for you, plus throw in some extra make up for the special occasions. Also some are more summer and others winter.
I have olive skin and hazel eyes, make up artists have told me browns, golden tones and purples are what work best.
So I have 2 Eye shadows palettes : naked and born to run from urban decay (actually I could just keep the second one and be happy)
Foundation + concealer
Eyebrows set
Khol liner
Mascara and highlighter
Red lipsticks : deep red, bright red, orangey red, brownish red, subtle brown.
Terra-cotta powder.
Nail polish : bright red, rouge noir, pink, beige.
All neatly stored in Muji acrylic boxes.

I find powder items like blush and shadow last forever. I have a MAC shadow that must be ten years old. You can see the pan in part of it I think but there's still quite a bit left.
Even lipstick - people say it eventually smells; I haven't found that.
One of my super old lipstick acquired a really weird texture. It was like bumpy pimples on it. It did not smell funky though.

• Wow
Reactions: 880
The problem with me is that I purchase several items for a show and end up not using all of them. I then put them in storage bins, thus I forget about them. then a couple of months later I purchase the same items again, I look in my various storage bins and then I realize... I gots too much make-up. Yet I can't. help. my. self...

Reactions: 880