Too matronly?

Feb 8, 2008
picture.php

These chanel pumps are on hold for me till this evening, price is really good ($385), I can't decide if they are hip or too matronly. I am almost 39, like to dress more edgy. Please help me decide!!

They're very classic. However, if you really like them, you can find ways to incorporate them in your style. You don't have to wear them with knee length dresses and suits. You can wear them with jeans and mini skirts to dress them down and make them look less matronly.

Gorgeous classic. I highly recommend them! I wear mine with jeans all the time on my off days and with pencil skirts when I am at work. good luck deciding!

PS: you are so fortunate to find them on sale; I paid full price for mine when they first came out because i needed a classic shoe that doesn't slip off my narrow heels. Lucky girl!!

Personally for me I would not consider these at all "hip." I will be honest and say my first impression is that they are very matronly, but that doesn't mean they are not still a nice classic shoe.

Very classic and elegant. A great shoe for work or for a nice lunch date if you don't want to wear heels or flats.

Are they 'cool' or 'fashionable'? no. But then neither are my work shoes or my run-around shoes. All shoes serve a purpose.

Nice to have if you can afford them!! If you will miss the money save it and put it towards something you will really love! :smile:

I don't think they're very edgy or hip, but they are very classic. It's all about how you style them! With some jeans and a chic jacket (leather or Helmut?) I could see these working well (and being pretty comfy too given the low heel)!

I think they are great work pumps!! However don't force yourself to get them just because they are on sale.

My closet is filled with "sale" items i never use. It doesn't hurt to get it and see if you like it in person as long as you can return.

They are beautiful!!!