too many unused bags? Anyone else feel this way...

I need to try out a "10-bag" collection and downsize. My collection feels like it overwhelms me right now and I'm not enjoying a lot of it. I would try for 6 bags but I'm not close to doing that now.

Off the top of my head, my keepers would be:
- LV Damier Speedy 25
- LV Mono Pochette Bosphore (messenger)
- Hayden Harnett Mercer Satchel - Black (shoulder bag)
- Marc Jacobs E/W Satchel - Dusty Rose (can't remember the name of this color)
- Marc by MJ Turnlock Bowler - Dark Brown (love this one)
- Marc Jacobs Stella in Pewter
- Gucci Boston black (handheld)
- Jimmy Choo Tulita in Green
- Furla Satchel in Navy
- MJ Anouck in Periwinkle

I think I would like the Balenciaga City in Ink but I'd have to sell many of my bags before trying to get one. I love that color.

I have bought more than ever since joining the PF and sold even more after the ones I got weren't quite me...these 7 are the ones I decided to keep and still adore:

Chanel vintage black tote w/gold chain (the one Nicole Richie has which I felt privileged to stumble across!)
Balenciaga black 05 city (love this for every day)
Fendi green 05 spy (such a versatile color)
Chloe tan paddy (sold this and had to rebuy it!)
Chloe python cognac silverado (truly my *fave* out of all my bags)
YSL nadja rose beige suede purse (great for hanging on weekends - had to have it when I saw it on Liv Tyler)
YSL pink vincennes (very delicate and girly)

I am definitely not a collector - I use all my bags now :smile:

I returned 3 bags this weekend and I plan to return at least 3 more. Don't miss them at all. One thing I noticied on this thread is that you ladies are not sticking to one color and you have quite an assortment of designers and colors.

LOL, I'm sure we've ALL bought more than ever since joining tPF!!! I think downsizing is a really good idea - helps us fund new purchases and finds these unused bags new homes!

I'm pretty good about buying bags for the long-term, so hopefully I'll never have to sell one!

My collection of MJ bags alone is enough to make me wanna downsize. But I must admit, I AM a bit of a collector too. Example: I haven't used all of my LV Cherry Blossom bags - they're so high-maintenance, I have to worry about water marks, I don't want the cherries rubbing off, etc. Of all my bags, these are like my 'museum pieces' ie purses I look at and play with but don't really use. Some people are like that about their Manolo Blahnik shoes - I happen to be that way about LV Cherry Blossoms!

Since reading this, I should probably do the same (weeding out). Looking at what I have, I should probably keep my:
  1. Balenciaga Twiggy
  2. Bottega Veneta Clutch
  3. Chloe Silverado
  4. Hermes Fonsbelle
  5. YSL Muse
  6. Mulberry Antony
:biggrin:These I would keep only because I probably won't find another one.

Right now I only have a few bags and do use them all. But I did give a couple of older Coach bags (that I bought pre-loved anyway) and a few no-name ones to charity last year because I wasn't using them. I would get ready to go out and think - why am I using this cheap bag when I have Coach and LAMB that I could be using?

I was just addressing this same issue in a different thread (the new years resolution one). When my bag addiction first started and I did not know about TPF, I was not an informed buyer, I made a lot of purchases that I now regret. I am now in the process of downsizing my collection to a more manageable size of bags that I realistically see myself using, are mostly classics, and that fit my lifestyle.

I have to say I have a pretty good, smallish collection. They are some of the beautiful and timeless bags a girl could want. No matter how hard I try (believe me I try) I cant really justify a need for another at this time. I suppose I could get a summer or fun color at some point, but I cant say that I am really missing anything - good for my wallet I guess.

I start to give away bags for sometime already. Still, it's not easy getting rid of those high end brand. I still have too many in my closet, but I'm working on that. :smile:

I've been downsizing (sending bags away to consignment stores) these past couple of months and I don't even notice that they're gone. I'm using the proceeds to fund other handbags but I'll definitely be more careful with future purchases as I feel I lose too much money when I resell.

I have 6 bags + one evening only small clutch.

I went through the exact dilemma, bit the bullet and sold everything I had to buy a birkin.

I don't regret it for one moment. My collection has now expanded a bit, but for a year I only had 2 bags, and I was fine with that!

In future, it will be one in, one out for my bag collection. (although I reserve the right to change my mind...).

I've consigned and sold tons of bags over the last year and a half, at one point my collection reached nearly 30 :wtf: but now I am down to 9 plus a clutch for evening :biggrin: Remaining in my collection are:

1. Prada large tote w/strap, black (casual weekends or when carrying loads)
2. Mulberry East West Bayswater, black (work/interview black bag)
3. Mulberry Bayswater, oak (work)
4. Mulberry Daria satchel/crossbody, oak (casual weekends, handsfree)
5. Mulberry Daria drawstring tote, drizzle grey (casual weekends)
6. Mulberry Bella hobo, pebbled beige (summer bag)
7. Chloe Marcie medium shoulder/hobo, vermillion (fave bag, pop of colour, casual weekends bag)
8. LV Speedy 30, damier ebene (alternative to Bayswaters for work)
9. LV Delightful PM, mono (casual weekends, travelling/airport)

I would like to reduce my collection further as think I would be most comfortable with six bags to rotate them all properly but can't bring myself to get rid of any of these! I do have a rule that I can't have more than two black bags and normally not more than one of any other colour. I recently got into LV but also don't see the point of owning multiple bags in each of the mono and damier canvas.

The only bag I would really like to add to my collection now is another Chloe Marcie in a purple colour... :drool: