Too...many...purses!

LVove

Nov 7, 2010
I am saving for my first Louis Vuitton and really want to make sure I get a bag that will last a long time (if not forever?) and will be practical.

At first I wanted the Trevi PM because is could double as a shoulder and top handle bag. I also liked that it was damier ebene and would be easy to care for. The only problem with this bag is the fact that people have said it is heavy even empty :wondering

Then I saw the Tivoli and fell in love...I love monogram print but am extremely terrified I will ruin it. I'm scared that it will be ruined with water spots, oil spots, etc...but the patina doesn't bother me lol. I like the PM but might get the GM so it can go on my shoulder easier.

So my question is how sensitive is the monogram canvas? I heard with damier ebene you can basically throw it on and not worry (a carefree bag) but with monogram you have to worry about taking it out in the rain (which seems ridiculous to me).
Also, for your first LV would you choose the Trevi PM or Tivoli PM/GM?

Thank you so much everyone!!

I would go with the Trevi. I've read that the bag is heavy but I honestly can't imagine it being to heavy for me to carry it. That bag is gorgeous!!!! I'm waiting to receive the Trevi in the mail on Friday so I can give you more info on the weight issue.
I've seen the Tivoli GM's on ladies and for some reason it doesn't seem to keep its shape. To me it didn't look attractive.
GL with your decision.

If u want an everyday bag and carry many junks, yeah, skip the Trevi.

I've a mono totally.
To protect the vachetta, you have to make sure your hand is clean, not oily, lotion-free, or it will become dirty/black fast.

Yeah, if u don't care about water spots, u can take it out in the rain.
I have some on my bag, but they are very small/unnoticeable.
The darker the patina, the spots are less visible.

Mr first LV was a tivoli pm. I adore her but I am very careful with her. She never goes out in wet weather and I usually carry her in the crook of my arm to avoid touching the handles so much. In hindsight I may have went with the gm for the shoulder option but it seemed so big to me at the time. Trevi is most certainly less maintenence. I would suggest if you can going to try one and feel the weight. It can be a deal breaker for some but so can vachetta worry.

I would get the Trevi PM if I'm were you. Weight is not a problem for me at all when compared to her beauty ;)

I'm glad to hear someone loves the Trevi as much as I do!

I would go with the Trevi. I've read that the bag is heavy but I honestly can't imagine it being to heavy for me to carry it. That bag is gorgeous!!!! I'm waiting to receive the Trevi in the mail on Friday so I can give you more info on the weight issue.
I've seen the Tivoli GM's on ladies and for some reason it doesn't seem to keep its shape. To me it didn't look attractive.
GL with your decision.

Thanks! The info on whether or not there is a weight issue would be greatly appreciated :smile:

If u want an everyday bag and carry many junks, yeah, skip the Trevi.

I've a mono totally.
To protect the vachetta, you have to make sure your hand is clean, not oily, lotion-free, or it will become dirty/black fast.

Yeah, if u don't care about water spots, u can take it out in the rain.
I have some on my bag, but they are very small/unnoticeable.
The darker the patina, the spots are less visible.

That's really good to know. I feel like I would be paranoid with the handles!

Trevi. Timeless, classic and worry-free !

I will choose Tivoli PM. :biggrin:

Yay!

I agree with earthx. Weight is never an issue for a pretty bag. My multicolore Ursula is twice the weight of the Trevi due to the gold hardware (comparing 2 empty bags). But for the design and joy it brings, I will treat it as a workout !

I agree with earthx. Weight is never an issue for a pretty bag. My multicolore Ursula is twice the weight of the Trevi due to the gold hardware (comparing 2 empty bags). But for the design and joy it brings, I will treat it as a workout !

I love the Ursula as well! Wouldn't mind the weight at all since it's really nothing compare to her beauty :P

I have the tivoli pm and love it! In fact, I'm using it right now. It's the perfect shape and size for me and I love handheld bags. I tried trevi pm in store and found it too stiff and bulky for my liking. With mono you'll just have to be more careful with the vachetta. I'd avoid all contact with water and hand lotion, and give it a quick wipe (using baby wipes) every now and then. I also pre-treat mine with lovinmybags for handles only cream. So far it's holding up extremely well. I fall in love all over again each time I bring her out!

Trevi PM for sure. I have one and it is such a gorgeous bag. Yes, it is a bit heavy, but I don't mind, since it is so pretty. Again, damier ebene is worry free and I can carry it when it's raining. Just recently I saw a lady with Tivoli GM and disliked the bag very much, it had no shape and didn't look attractive at all.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd get the Tivoli. I tried the Trevi on in the store and it was pretty heavy. I don't really load my bags up and I'm not a big bag lover but I know it wouldn't be comfy to carry once I put all my stuff inside. The only thing I don't like about the Tivoli is the rounded handles.
I know it's not one of your choices, but I'd get the Galliera over those two bags. The GM is good if you like huge bags and the PM is the "perfect" size for me. Plus the single strap is extremely comfortable and doesn't slip off your shoulder.
Good luck with your decision!!