Too gay for Denver, CO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
I thought Denver, Colorado would be a great place to vacation for me and my boyfriend. Being that we live in Las Vegas, well just thought it would be nice to come feel the cold. Afterall, we have many jackets that needed use.

Well Thursday we went to Cherry Creek, it just seemed PERFECT!
as the car was dropping us off, we saw the most beautiful thing ever.

AN ORANGE ROUND WALL, HERMES

but what was so special about it? well theres flats on top of Hermes, and
all this amazing buildings, and whole foods down the street, and beautiful houses, and very friendly people. We were just thinking ... "This is home"

As we came back to Downtown Denver since we're staying here. Well
today we went to see Confessions of a shopaholic.

I was wearing a fur scarf by J.Mendell, Zara coat skinny jeans, and Italian tip Dolce & Gabbana shoes, Hermes gloves, and my Louis Vuitton Briefcase. While he has wearing a Burberry Trench coat LV scarf, skinny jeans, and Diesel military boots.

when we walked in some Black girls were standing by and as we passed by one said, "THIS IS STRAIGHT AMERICA, NOT GAY AMERICA"

i swear we're not gay looking. just fanshionable.

after the movie, we walked around 16th street mall, and well we were just getting the wrong looks, and couple of laughs and finger pointing,

which weren't the typical stares.

I jsut felt so crappy ...:sad:

Ugh

I am sorry, I don't even know what to say

I'm sorry it made you feel crappy but hey, people can be pretty ignorant and rude

Hold your head up high, you and your bf love each other and everyone else can just eff off :P And I'm confident you're more fashionable than all of the haters combined!

That's terrible, I'm so sorry you experienced that. Whether or not you're "gay looking", no one should be treated that way. Unfortunately there are wack people everywhere, not just Denver.

You sound ultra chic!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that. Your outfit sounds tdf. If its any consolation, it seems whenever I go in a city that isn't too forward, I get lots of racist renarks for being asian.

I'm sorry that people were rude to you. That behavior is never acceptable and it's they who need to change not you.

That said, you felt the need to point out their race because...?

Yuck...pay them no mind!! You both looked fab (would love a pic) and just know most the rest of us would give you a huge hug and hello rather than the haterade somebody drank.

Hey, if you're in Seattle any time soon we'd love to have you two at our next Hermes meetup for fabulous lunch out and shopping!!

XXXOO PGal

That is terrible. You would think it wouldn't be like that in Denver. From last I heard, Denver was pretty forward thinking. Might just have been a fluke? I currently reside in Richmond, the heart of the old south, and believe me I've gotten my fair share of that kind of thing, but not nearly as much in the last couple of years. I think we're coming a long way, but there are still those pockets where change comes slower. Some people when they see a man who takes care of himself and is well dressed, will automatically assume gay and usually they run with that and often those are the people who feel the most insecure about themselves and have to declare something. It's like the bully in highschool that called us all faggots. He came out four years later and now has a very cute boyfriend. Don't worry about the few people you gave you crap. You looked better and that is what probably set them off. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.