Too gay for Denver, CO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, you felt the need to point out their race because...?

Interesting point!

OP, I am sorry as well that you bore the brunt of such ignorance. You can't control what people think, but it irks me no end when people feel like they have some god-given right to be rude to someone else.

Well, sometimes some people can be 'too gay for San Francisco'. I live here in the Bay, and even here once in a while something really rude like that will happen. My point is, ignorance is everywhere, it can happen at any time. Doesn't mean that you are not welcome in Denver necessarily.

Im sorry for your bad luck. Some ppl have an annoying habit of feeling like they need to express their opinions aloud at all times. We are taught to always say what we are thinking, as if its some progressive act on par of importance with survival, and is the total measure of self confidence. Well I disagree. No one would be hurt if those b*tches had just shut up. They wouldn't have exploded right there on the sidewalk. Just shutting up sometimes is underrated;)

Hey, if you're in Seattle any time soon we'd love to have you two at our next Hermes meetup for fabulous lunch out and shopping!!

XXXOO PGal

Didn't try to visit Boulder????

I like Denver ok, but I'm from Seattle, and I DO hope you have a chance to visit that City, if you haven't thus far!!!!! SO fun!!!

That being said, you both sound fabulous! :heart:
Don't bother about the few weird comments, you're proud of who you are!

My guess about mentioning the race of his assailants is that so much has been made of the relationship between gay and AfAm communities in gay publications recently. Especially in the wake of Prop 8. It's been all over the blogs, the Village Voice and Out, and I've heard it casually mentioned in conversations between gay friends. I think it's one of the dominant issues in gay media right now. So race would matter within that context, but it's not a context that people who live outside of the gay community and who don't consume gay-focused media would be aware of. I don't think it was meant to be a dig at her race.

I have a few blogging friends who blog aggressively on gay rights issues, and one is a scholar of race and gender identity (and identifies as a black gay man), and they've been talking about this issue for quite awhile now. I think it's on a lot of people's minds in the GLBT community.

Ok some people seem to be bothered by the fact that I mentioned that a group of women were black.

it wasn't in a racist manner, just as if they would have been hispanic I would have
said a group of Hispanic women, or if they had been Asian, I would have said a group of Asian women.

Hope that clears it up?

Pursegrrl

I heard its beautiful up there, maybe ill take a trip later on

Status
Not open for further replies.