Too close to VCA?

Notorious Pink

Hermès PurseBlogger!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
In addition to "the list" of VCA pieces I plan to buy, I do like other pieces to mix in as well. I was in London Jewelers today and have purchased Roberto Coin there before, do they showed me some newer prices - and I did find some things I really liked. My concern is that the design may be too close to VCA, it's very similar but wouldn't actually replace anything on "the list". I would love your opinions.

These would be great everyday studs for me. I LOVE the setting because it allows a lot of light to hit the diamonds. It would also play well with my VA without being too matchy.

IMG_1497324130.177261.jpg

These are much bigger and I liked them as well, but I'm afraid they might be too close. My first choice would be finding the other earrings in this larger size.

Too close - or plays well? I do not plan on buying pace VA ( I do want the carnelian, pg and letterwood) Thoughts?

I think both pairs of earrings are beautiful! I especially love the first pair. Honestly the quatrefoil has been featured in many jewelry lines over the years, although obviously the rounded version has become associated with VCA (at least for those of us who love the brand). I think the Roberto Coin designs are different enough to stand on their own as staple pieces but similar enough to the VCA that they could be worked in with your other jewelry. It's a win-win! :smile:

I like them both and wouldn't hesitate -- they are beautiful.

I have been thinking about some earrings from the Buccellati opera color line and there is a similarity in shape to VCA , but it doesn't bother me at all.

Reactions: BBC and HeidiDavis
I really like the first pair.
While I agree that the quadrafoil shape has been used throughout history, since it's so closely associated with VCA I must admit that in general whenever I see something close/ similar I immediately think "replica".
99% of the people out there are not going to think this way, however.
Either pair would look great on you.

I like both earrings on you. It is not just because they are diamond earrings. I like the design. I do not think they resemble VCA design at all, although the general shape goes very well with VCA jewelry.

Reactions: BBC
Thanks so much for your feedback, everyone. [emoji259][emoji259][emoji259] I think it's nice to be able to mix a variety of designers and I really like RCs diamonds. I think my next move is to go to the London boutique with the VCA attached and see how they look together.

Actually the photos are stock pics, not me, but they both lay perfectly on my ears. I hadn't thought of the similarity to LV, which is not really my taste, but the pieces are really nice in real life. As I said, first choice would be the open pair in the larger size, otherwise it will be a tough choice.

Thanks so much for your feedback, everyone. [emoji259][emoji259][emoji259] I think it's nice to be able to mix a variety of designers and I really like RCs diamonds. I think my next move is to go to the London boutique with the VCA attached and see how they look together.

Actually the photos are stock pics, not me, but they both lay perfectly on my ears. I hadn't thought of the similarity to LV, which is not really my taste, but the pieces are really nice in real life. As I said, first choice would be the open pair in the larger size, otherwise it will be a tough choice.

That's a relief! First thing I thought was "Wait! What happened to her fiery red hair????? She didn't change it, did she?" Lol. Your red hair is your signature look!

I love the first pair of earrings. I hope you can find them in the size you want. Happy shopping!!! XOXO

Last edited:
Reactions: BBC
It's SOOO hard to choose! I would like one of these, but I think I may have to wait until I buy a pair of earclips first...honestly, my "must-have" list keeps getting longer and longer. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Heidi no worries! This hair is not changing anytime soon because my colorist refuses to entertain any of my ideas about changing it. The color I have is very hard to get (and takes years), but it's also very hard to get rid of.....meaning I would actually have to cut off all my hair to change the color. Not happening!!!

Reactions: HeidiDavis