Tonight in NYC

And away we go! The pictures didn't come out too well. The lighting was awful and the crowds around the bags jostled me terribly. So...sorry about the blurry photos. The pics we have in the S/S summary threads should suffice if you need better images.

The Matisse Bag was not there. I was told it's seasonal and not a runway piece. Sorry.

Okay: overall impressions.

The Joke Bags

I was prepared to hate the joke bags. No. That's not true. I totally loathed the joke bags when I saw the runway pics. That was the runway. Here's the reality. The color on these bags is so vibrant and amazing in person that you'll overlook the stupid jokes. The canvas is lightweight and soft. Someone actually THOUGHT about these bags -- lots of compartments and pockets with microfiber interiors.

Mono Shiny/BonBon

When I found out the Bon Bon was a pochette, I was not happy. It looked so much bigger in the pictures. And $1700 for a pochette? What's up with that? Well, here's the good news. It actually IS bigger than a pochette. The size would compare to a hardcover best-selling novel (about the size of the new Sue Grafton). It's not stiff vinyl. The vinyl is soft which means you'll be able to stuff this 'pochette' nicely. And the handle is flexible. Yeah, I pre-ordered one in Turquoise.

Mono Watercolor

This was the star of the show. The mono is all pinks and pale reds on either a white or brown background depending on the bag. The speedy is to die for. The papillon comes a close second for me. If I were just a little taller, I'd get the Jamais. It's wide on the bottom, which makes it a bit of a difficult carry on your shoulder. But it definitely can fit over your shoulder.

The pink ostrich speedy was there, too. Cute as a button but a hell of a lot more expensive.