tone of seller invoice worries newbie buyer

If it would make you feel better, you could always post the link to the auction in the designer's sub-forum here and have the gals there tell you what they think, based on the pictures. They may also be familiar with the seller id.

If it would make you feel better, you could always post the link to the auction in the designer's sub-forum here and have the gals there tell you what they think, based on the pictures. They may also be familiar with the seller id.

I believe the OP stated she did this; however, the gals over at the authentication subforum requested additional pictures, which the seller will not oblige.

Yep. jenaywins is correct. I asked for an authentication w. hours to go in the auction. *Days* would, indeed, have been better!

The seller has no obligation to provide photos after I've bought. I was asking a big favor there. Telling me "No" or ignoring my request is fair. Next time, I'll know better and ask before bidding.

MOWCAM, you're very perceptive. I think that on top of the tone, which as you say isn't all *that* bad, it was the all caps and misspellings that made me start to worry. Maybe they didn't realize they were being shouty.

Just received a PayPal email that says the item will ship tomorrow. Will wait (more calmly, thanks much!) & keep y'all posted.

Thanks for experienced opinions from both sellers and buyers!

Just wanted to add, ec1, don't be too hard on yourself for not getting the additional pics sooner. We all make mistakes and sometimes don't think too far ahead of time. (See: my whole life)

Good luck, and worse case scenario if the bag turns out to be fake, which I doubt it will, you can file a SNAD and return it.

Yep. jenaywins is correct. I asked for an authentication w. hours to go in the auction. *Days* would, indeed, have been better!

The seller has no obligation to provide photos after I've bought. I was asking a big favor there. Telling me "No" or ignoring my request is fair. Next time, I'll know better and ask before bidding.

MOWCAM, you're very perceptive. I think that on top of the tone, which as you say isn't all *that* bad, it was the all caps and misspellings that made me start to worry. Maybe they didn't realize they were being shouty.

Just received a PayPal email that says the item will ship tomorrow. Will wait (more calmly, thanks much!) & keep y'all posted.

Thanks for experienced opinions from both sellers and buyers!

Something I'd like to add here, (without having seen a listing and the sellers usual writing style) is that often, emails with words that are not spelled correctly or slightly odd grammar are written by a person whose first language is not English.

Often people who are using eBay who usually write in another language seem to "borrow" a sentence here or there. When you jam together borrowed sentences you get something a bit hard to read.

Gosh you should see me writing emails in Japanese (I live in Japan), I am sure that I come across very abruptly (even more than my abrupt style in English he he.) because my writing is so basic. Using a grammar translator can produce even worse effects with some languages.

The bottom line is, if you can get the general meaning, it is enough. If you get something really smooth, it's fantastic. We are dealing with a global world and the USA like most countries has a very diverse population. I say well done to anyone who writes in their second language to trade and/or share information on the net! I'm yet to sell anything in an all Japanese environment yet, but one day I will get there!

Well, I was looking through the usual emails from eBay & PayPal related to this sale (item has shipped, etc.), and noticed that the seller also uses all caps in neutral stuff like his email and location info.

I'm thinking MOWCAM has the right idea. My seller is someone who is used to writing in caps. People do handwrite that way. I guess it just looked scarier in type, where you can't easily do small caps for lower-case, or have a distinctive handwriting style, or something.

Hi shinymagpie,

You make a very valid point we can all keep in mind. I did consider that might've been part of what was going on, that it could've been someone whose first language wasn't English.

Hi shinymagpie,

You make a very valid point we can all keep in mind. I did consider that might've been part of what was going on, that it could've been someone whose first language wasn't English.

Thanks EC1 (oops) ec1

It might be that their use of caps is that they are not sure about upper and lower case - so they go the safe option.

I have actually been asked to re write forms and things by banks here because my name was written in all capitals instead of starting with an uppercase and following with lower case. To me, it made no difference, but to people who write in a language that uses miniature pictures as script Japanese Kanji, it makes a huge difference how something looks - in Japanese, one tiny line can make all the difference in meaning and people assume the same thing about other languages.

But the person who wrote it could be a native speaker who is a 2 finger typer too... spelling mistakes only usually means native speaker. spelling + grammar mistakes usually means English as a second language.

Hope it turns out well for you. If it doesn't - send it back!