Tomato: misleading name?

I have a Tomato City, and I can assure you that it's in no way warm red.
If anything, it's slightly pinkish.... Like allysaid, it's the color of candy apple. It's a gorgeous red, definitely deeper than Vermillion.

Here's my Tomato:heart: I loove her!!

IMG_0581.jpg
This lovely deserves to be seen again. Rarely do I :drool::drool:, I'm usually just :yahoo: for the other person. But with this :P tomato....I'm wanting my own:graucho:. I have a yummy tomato coin...and I have to say...it's even a little deeper/darker in tone than my Rouge VIF.

i have a VIF and tomato is very close. But the tomato leather is a lot thicker and smooshier looking. Now i am not sure if it's a tomato thing or an 07 leather thing. but they are both red blues and have both been described as fire engine red. darn balenciaga and their chameleon colors!!!!

boobookitty: :graucho: Yay! I love contributing to Bbag sale:P
GET IT!!!!!!! You know you NEED it!!!

blessings: THANK you!! I couldn't be happier:yes: After being used only for a day, she turned even smooshier than when she first arrived. 1 DAY! I think that's a record....Love this:tender:

tnc: Which do you prefer, Vif or Tomato? Are the two colors indistinguishable??

I totally agree with everyone else! Tomato is an awesome color!!! Not orange at all, which is why I didn't get Vermillion. I originally wanted rouge vif, but never found one. However, I love tomato sooo much! And several people have asked if my tomato is rouge vif!
Anyway, here's a picture I just took:
attachment.php

Attachments

• CocaCola.jpg
    CocaCola.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 118
We had a thread last month in which someone took the time to photograph: Rouge Vif, Tomato, Vermillion and Rouge Theatre all next to each other. In the photographs it was very clear to see that:
a.) Rouge Vif had a blue undertone
b.) Tomato looked like a darker Vermillion
c.) Rouge Vif and Rouge Theatre looked like they were the same hue &
d.) Vermillion and Tomato looked like they were the same hue.

I'm sure if you did a search you could find the thread. All the bags were beautiful in it! :heart:

HTH!

We had a thread last month in which someone took the time to photograph: Rouge Vif, Tomato, Vermillion and Rouge Theatre all next to each other. In the photographs it was very clear to see that:
a.) Rouge Vif had a blue undertone
b.) Tomato looked like a darker Vermillion
c.) Rouge Vif and Rouge Theatre looked like they were the same hue &
d.) Vermillion and Tomato looked like they were the same hue.

I'm sure if you did a search you could find the thread. All the bags were beautiful in it! :heart:

HTH!

Hey there! Yeah, I remember that thread and the pictures were beautiful. But from what I'm seeing from these pictures, Tomato is more of a blue-red and not really just a darker Vermillion. That's why I was confused so I thought I'd ask. From what I'm seeing, Tomato is drop-dead gorgeous! I think I have to have one!

I love my rouge first and never really considered it a tomato. I prefer it to be a true strawberry red, but keep in mind that the leather isn't as glossy as the previous collections. The vermillon is very pretty though, very bright red that I had consider buying but decided on the rouge 07.