They used to have the classics
They were called Icon bags
Veneta
Montaigne
Sloane
Pyramid
I have a list at home
I will post it later when I get home

Many of know about the above mentioned styles, I meant that these ICON bags should be available as part of
an always available "classic collection" & could be done in fashion colors of the season
For certain clients that repeat the style they would be able to find a new color
So it would be like a "classic" collection & the the "fashion collection"

Reactions: Orchie
Many of know about the above mentioned styles, I meant that these ICON bags should be available as part of
an always available "classic collection" & could be done in fashion colors of the season
For certain clients that repeat the style they would be able to find a new color
So it would be like a "classic" collection & the the "fashion collection"

The Icon bags were always available and also done in seasonal colors
Icon bags were
Montaigne
Veneta
Pyramid Campana
Garda
Parachute bag
Ball bag
Milano bag
Cabat
And knot bags

Half of them aren’t even available anymore
Oldies but goodies will remember these bags
When you walk into a BV boutique
The wall where the bags are so starkly displayed is called the ICON WALL
I wonder if the design of the stores are going to change now
They way the look right now is TM’s design and aesthetic

Reactions: jbags07
Was in BG & was told they no loner will carry BV ready to wear collection...
Sad. More evidence that a BV apocalypse is near. Although I don’t have any rtw, I’m glad that I have what I consider to be a bag collection that can carry me through indefinitely. But it’s still sad to see all the changes....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mousse
As a long time fan of BV and innovation, I don’t understand why they can’t have a place for editorial/runway AND their classics. I don’t own a Chanel bag but I enjoy looking at their windows and shelves each season to see the latest colors and hardware in the same classic styles. They’ll have a few trendy bags available with bells and whistles but they have a good formula. Hermes and LV seem to have similar methods. These methods provide something for everyone.

Then if the bag gets enough of a following, it becomes an icon. BV really does need to have an IT bag moment already.

I don’t own any ready to wear but that’s another good outlet for competing for new eyeballs each season. Make your mark there. No need to mass produce trendy bags.

BV just does not understand their brand! As someone who got into BV in my 20s, there are not a lot of beautiful choices out there for people who want simple luxuries. Even my backup brand Balenciaga has gone off the rails this season with the loudest bags.

If you want to appeal to the youth while maintaining your heritage, offer smaller and more affordable bags. Bring back the mini. Revert to your old special order policy so more can afford it. I don’t want croc. I want to have more choice about the design. Imagine being able to customize your perfect Veneta or Cabat in the color that looks best on you! I don’t want (my) initials on a bag. It’s why I buy BV!

Also agree with the suggestion above regarding ambassadors. Please get the bags out there for people to see. When’s the last time BV did that? I volunteer as tribute! [emoji23]

I really like Gucci but I have a BV bag too. I hope Kering realizes that there’s enough room in our closets for both. I like a louder bag with a more simple outfit and I like a more classic/discrete bag with a trendier outfit.

I don't know what the future holds for Bottega Veneta and in what direction the new creative director will take it, but I do this: When the "Confession Time: So sorry I've cheated" thread is consistently one of the most popular/posted in, and is frequently bumped to the top five threads on this forum.... Somethin' ain't right.

xk.gif