Tom Ford Serena Tote -- Should I Keep or Return?

Mar 31, 2009
I think this bag is absolutely beautiful and very well made, but I bought it with work horse in mind and am worried because the leather is lighter and thinner than I expected. Any experience with this or similar bags? Or general opinions based on the pictures? It is calfskin and lined with lambskin.

IMG_1485137301.091866.jpgIMG_1485137322.546989.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you find it? It's sold out everywhere.

Thank you, all! I've been gazing at it all evening and am definitely going to keep it. At this point I can't really believe I was thinking about returning it--thank you for steering me straight!

MKR, I got the bag from mytheresa.com. Apparently, I added it to my wish list at some point when it was sold out (I don't even remember that--it may have been in the summer or fall), and just recently got an alert that it was back in stock, at a great sale price too!

Thank you, all! I've been gazing at it all evening and am definitely going to keep it. At this point I can't really believe I was thinking about returning it--thank you for steering me straight!

MKR, I got the bag from mytheresa.com. Apparently, I added it to my wish list at some point when it was sold out (I don't even remember that--it may have been in the summer or fall), and just recently got an alert that it was back in stock, at a great sale price too!
Congrats on your great find !:heart::heart::heart:
You will love it!

Reactions: serenityneow
I think this bag is absolutely beautiful and very well made, but I bought it with work horse in mind and am worried because the leather is lighter and thinner than I expected. Any experience with this or similar bags? Or general opinions based on the pictures? It is calfskin and lined with lambskin.

View attachment 3582975View attachment 3582976
Hi! Wondering if any has more thoughts on this bag. Deciding whether or not to return a black Serena tote. Do you think it's too plain? How does it wear? Even a tiny scratch may show??

Hi! Wondering if any has more thoughts on this bag. Deciding whether or not to return a black Serena tote. Do you think it's too plain? How does it wear? Even a tiny scratch may show??

I haven't used mine a ton yet, but I'm definitely glad I kept it. The leather and shape are beautiful and understated, and I wanted something under-the-radar for work. It fits a lot and seems pretty tough to me, but like I said, I haven't used it all that much yet. I anticipate using it a lot more in the fall and winter.

I think it would be gorgeous in black.