Tom Ford or Guerlain eyeshadow palette?

Jan 17, 2013
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette that will match the eyeshadows Natasha Poly is wearing in these photos from a L'Oréal Paris video. I am obsessed with her makeup, it's so glamorous! I was thinking either Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage or Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs 07 Les Cuirs. What do you guys think?
I don't have physical access to either palette, and I've never felt either shadow in person. I am just looking for a high quality eyeshadow palette that will last all day and all night and give me absolutely no fall out. I've used MAC, Urban Decay, and Lorac eyeshadows but I've been disappointed by all of them, so I'm looking for higher quality products.

Here are photos of Natasha Poly with the look I'm trying to achieve, and both the Tom Ford and Guerlain palettes:

Attachments

• Natasha Poly Beauty.jpg
    Natasha Poly Beauty.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 925
  • Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage.jpg
    Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 737
  • Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs 07 Les Cuirs.jpg
    Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs 07 Les Cuirs.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 848
I've never tried Guerlain makeup (other than Meteorites) but I do own a few Tom Ford eye shadow quads, including Cocoa Mirage. TF shadows are extremely high quality and the colors are beautiful. I highly recommend it!

I vote for Guerlain - I have every eye shadow palette, and love the colors, the pigmentation, and the versatility of all my sets. I also think the quality is pretty amazing - never had a problem with any makeup or skincare from Guerlain (and I've tried almost everything).

To those that own the Cocoa Mirage (or have seen/felt it in person), is the top left shade a matte white or ivory? I'm not sure if it's a highlight shade or an all over the lid shade.

To those that own the Cocoa Mirage (or have seen/felt it in person), is the top left shade a matte white or ivory? I'm not sure if it's a highlight shade or an all over the lid shade.

It's a really pretty cream shade, matte. Makes a great all over lid shade, though with the other colours in this palette, you could probably use it as a below the brow bone/inner eye highlight too.

Guerlain products are amazing - I'd personally go for the Guerlain quad - they've never disappointed me.
I'm not massively impressed with Tom Ford's makeup - I'd honestly rather spend the money at Mac.

But it's all about what you're looking for. The Guerlain shadows are all shimmery, some more than the others, but there are no mattes in the quad. There are two matte colours in the Tom Ford quad.

I've only ever purchased the TF quads because I've never really tried anything from Guerlain. I'd like to see the advice of someone who's used both.

I'm too biased to give advice. I like my TF quads (I have three).

Funny enough, what I'm hunting for is the Viseart palette.

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette that will match the eyeshadows Natasha Poly is wearing in these photos from a L'Oréal Paris video. I am obsessed with her makeup, it's so glamorous! I was thinking either Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage or Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs 07 Les Cuirs. What do you guys think?
I don't have physical access to either palette, and I've never felt either shadow in person. I am just looking for a high quality eyeshadow palette that will last all day and all night and give me absolutely no fall out. I've used MAC, Urban Decay, and Lorac eyeshadows but I've been disappointed by all of them, so I'm looking for higher quality products.

Here are photos of Natasha Poly with the look I'm trying to achieve, and both the Tom Ford and Guerlain palettes:
Tom Ford Cocoa mirage is one of my favourite and go to palettes, so simple in terms of colour but the textures of the eyeshadows are divine and make blending so easy. I would recommend this palette for beginners as you really cannot go too far wrong. You can go from day to night by adding the darker shimmery shade to the lash lines, add some kohl eyeliner and a touch more mascara!

Guerlain products are amazing - I'd personally go for the Guerlain quad - they've never disappointed me.
I'm not massively impressed with Tom Ford's makeup - I'd honestly rather spend the money at Mac.

But it's all about what you're looking for. The Guerlain shadows are all shimmery, some more than the others, but there are no mattes in the quad. There are two matte colours in the Tom Ford quad.

I agree; I'm a lifelong Guerlain devotee. I have every eye shadow palette, the pigment/texture/colors are superb...

I think the Tom Ford quad is more cool-toned than what is shown in the picture you posted. But from all accounts, it is a beautiful, high-quality product.

The colors in your picture actually remind me of other images I've seen where the makeup artist used the Dolce & Gabbana "Desert" quad.