Tom Ford nail polish

Apr 15, 2007
Well, Tom Ford finally arrived at BG... bought the nail polish actually

2... smoke red & bordeaux lust... have been wearing the bordeaux

lust for the last 4 days... nails are fine.. no touch ups etc..

unfortuantely, he didn't do a base or top coat...and the color

is gorgeous....:smile:

Well, Tom Ford finally arrived at BG... bought the nail polish actually

2... smoke red & bordeaux lust... have been wearing the bordeaux

lust for the last 4 days... nails are fine.. no touch ups etc..

unfortuantely, he didn't do a base or top coat...and the color

is gorgeous....:smile:

After experimenting with base and top coats, I've found my perfect combo, so I wouldn't have bought TF's anyway, but omg, the colors are phenomenal. So far 7 of the 16 have arrived. 3 of the colors I didn't expect to love- Viper, Mink Brule, and Indian Pink are incredibly dense and rich in person. Each time I look at them I love them more. I was a bit worried, ordering them unseen untested, but they're really fantastic.

And to bergafer3, they're online and in store at NM and BG. I think Saks is getting the line also? Not sure on that.

BG has the full line so does SFA in NY... Neiman Marcus on line has it too,
and other select SFA & NM stores around the country.... know that BH
has it or is expecting it soon...the quality of these polishes I thought were
top notch... the coverage & intense depth of color is superb...also know that
Bloomingdales' NY has the full line, too...

Has anyone seen swatches posted online? I would love to see how a few of the colors look before I take the plunge. Tom Ford just had to go and do a full blown amazing cosmetic line...

Has anyone seen swatches posted online? I would love to see how a few of the colors look before I take the plunge. Tom Ford just had to go and do a full blown amazing cosmetic line...

the swatches are posted on NM & BG website and also

temptalia.... they are not that true to color, IMO...

if you are looking for something specific, try calling

one of the dept stores.. the read on the colors is probably

better, IMO...

I have used Tom Ford polish... smoke red, bordeaux lust & naked..

While they are beautiful shades & wear well I am now using RBL which is

far superior in quality, color range & wear..

The Tom Ford is $30 a bottle RBL range is $18 & 20..

Well worth it, IMO...

I have never tried the Tom Ford, but I recently purchased a few Dior colors, New World Purple and Trench. I typically stick with Essie because they're cheap enough to buy 2/3+ at a time and have fun colors.

After I tried the Dior, the polish somehow shrunk as it dried and didn't completely cover my nail. Not sure how this is even possible, but the next time I used it I tried to paint around the end of my nail so it wouldn't happen again. And it did.

Somewhat upset that I spent $23 on a nail polish when I could have stuck with my $8 Essie's in the first place. But I got a nice discount on the Dior's and figured I'd give them a try.

All in all, sometimes the price doesn't match the quality! Stick with what works! :smile:

I love TF nail lacquers. They are a lot more expensive than drugstore brands, but I impressed with how long the the color stays without chipping. I used nailene #2 for my base, TF Bitter *****, then Deborah Lippmann gel lab topcoat. 10 days before any chipping occurred.